Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both the rear bump stops have fallen out. I'm happy to fix it but I'd prefer to leave it until I have the springs off for another job.

Will it cause a problem at MOT time? I'd imagine it would, but does anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
250 Posts
When I spoke to my local independent about mine he said that they wouldn't the MOT. I replaced mine before though, so never found out.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine had fallen off so took them out while I did the bushes. Passed MOT fine. Will replace them when i can be arsed

·
Registered
347 Posts
I lost my bump stops, and that coupled with the rear shocks being on the way too meant that I kept bottoming out into the wheel arches. That caused the tyres to wear unevenly so consequently needed to get two new rears. Could have saved myself 200 quid if I'd addressed it sooner.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to follow up: I couldn't get any new ones in time for the MOT so I took the old ones out. It passed with no advisories. I will put some more in soon though, because I don't like the thought of the springs bottoming out at speed.

I swung the spring pan down for the first one, but it was such a pain getting it back I just sliced the second bump stop in half with a coping saw and pulled the two bits through the coils.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts