Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bit strange question maybe , past week-end I had to change the jodium bulb at the right reflocter side. No problem the space is crapped but I manged with some scars while at it.

Now I was wondering how to change the left side just in case , do you really have to' defrag' the whole air intake just to get to the back of the lights , or even worse the whole metal plate from side to side
Or is there a smarther trick for doing this kind of replacements , (without breaking the glass)

I think our Italian friends were forgotten that some times you have to replace the bulbs .
At my former car this was quiet easy , I for sure think they have made a mess out of this design.

Another question how does the electronic adjustment system work , one side isn't working , I only here one electromotor adjusting the other stays put.

(I paid about 3.5€ for one jodium bulb in a do it yourself shop round the corner , don't know the official Alfa price , just curious ?)

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Most car designers think we have 'baby hands'. I always remove some parts to make it easy. Replaced some bulbs on a corolla last weekend and had to remove the complete lamp unit wink

For the electric adjustment; I would start with the wiring. Maybe it just a loose connector or something.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Err, I've not had any problems changing bulbs on the twinny or V6???

I remove the black connector that is clipped on the lamp back and then it comes right out.

wrinx

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't reach the left side without removing the whole air intake , if you have changed the airintake with a Kn filter you ain't got any problems because then the sector of operations becomes reachable for any major bulb replacing.
I drive a '94 1.8Ts/ 8v maybe the motorcompartiment layout is different from V6's .

Will look further for that adjustment problem , still got a few months before I have to go see the yearly car inspection we have here in shitty Belgium.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have to remove the pipe that goes into the airbox on my 8valve to get to the left handside bulbs.
Wrinx has no probs because being old and wrinkly, his hands have shrunk...... wink

Errr.......c ya.........

Marlon

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now then sonny eek! my 1.8 16v is no problem but the alzheimers has affected me memory so cant remember what the 8v looks like :D

wrinx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts