Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically i got a new tacho that isnt the same as the one that is already in the car (in full knowledge) as I plan to just change over the bulb indicator (my N/S/R bulb is dimly lit at all times) and wanted to know if anyone has done this before?

Is it obvious which is the bulb indicator chip? Any soldering required?

Cheers!

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
Someone has but I can't remember where I read about it .. and yes, it is a soldering job.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
it might be easyer to swap the fronts over, i did this with mine changed a sliver front dial for a black one keeping the good board and fitting the correct front to it was quite easy (just pulls apart by hand)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it might be easyer to swap the fronts over, i did this with mine changed a sliver front dial for a black one keeping the good board and fitting the correct front to it was quite easy (just pulls apart by hand)
Prob is the new one in the car has the yellow engine symbol for engine management, the new one i have is the red injector symbol for engine management, as far as i know these are not interchangeable?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
should be interchangeable, i think the only one you cant do is use tspark with v6 and v6 with tspark, as long as it came from a car with the same ammount of cylinders you should be ok, i may be wrong though, someone else may know better

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
Red injecton one is the older system and possibly not interchangable for the newer yellow mgmt light because the car diagnostic systems are different and probably the wiring loom, etc.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bugger, at least i get to strengthen my soldering skills :lol:

When i open up the tacho which unit is the bulb indicator?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts