Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody help with a way to get a sidelight bulb out...the bottom of the headlamp casing???

I was changing the standard bulbs to a set of pure white ones and after i had fitted them the passenger side did not work properly (only one filament) so i decided to take them back and get a working set but then....

The passanger side one cane out no problems at all but when i pulled the bulb holder for the drivers side, ping the holder came out with out the bulb that is now sat in the bottom of the lights. Any advice to get the bulb out would be very gratefully received!!!

Thankyou all!!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Haha. I had a similar incident, in which I dropped the dipped (H7) bulb into the casing.
What I did was get a chopstick, stuck some double sided sticky tape to the end of it and used it to stick onto the bulb and take it out.:D
Don't know if that will work with the DRL/sidelight bit but hope that helps.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Haha. I had a similar incident, in which I dropped the dipped (H7) bulb into the casing.
What I did was get a chopstick, stuck some double sided sticky tape to the end of it and used it to stick onto the bulb and take it out.:D
Don't know if that will work with the DRL/sidelight bit but hope that helps.
haha i did the same when changing the DLR's

I got a coat hanger, and covered the end of it in double sided tape (so it wouldn't scratch etc..) then fished it out... :lol:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hehehehe thanks for your advice, in the end I used a piece of wire with a sticky pad on the end!

Thanks for the help!!!!

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
I bought a clear long flexible tube from homebase, secured it to a hoover and slowly sucked the bulb out. :)

·
Registered
975 Posts
You should sell tubes to the dealers as a special tool called a "MiTo Bulb Extraction Tool" lol :)

·
Registered
2,471 Posts

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
MitoMat was your bulb here like this picture and which hole did you go though. I tried for ages with a tube but couldn't get to it.
It was. I alternated between both until I eventually got it out. A flexible tube will eventually reach and try and suck the bulb by the corner of its base, but be very careful trying to grab the bulb otherwise it will fall into the base of the headlight and is even harder to get out. Just be patient. :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks for help. Using a different piece of hose attached to a hover I got it out in about 15 seconds.Here’s a photo of the hose/hover to help anyone else in this predicament.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts