Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think this is going to be an experience! :thumbs:

Myself, Trackman and his dad are gearing up to go to Bulawayo, Zimbabwe on Thursday to compete in the Bulawayo 3-Hour Endurance Race they are hosting at the Breedon Everard Raceway on Saturday, 3 December 2011.

Trackman and his dad, the legendary Rory Sharp, will drive his TBR prepared 1982 Alfa Romeo Giulietta 2.0 race car in this historic event, and I will be the service crew... :cool: The highly modified little Alfa is quite a giant-killer, and should be very competitive on the day. The day consists of 2x 6-lap sprint races and a 3-Hour Endurance event. The track is a properly old-school track - fast.

Thanks to a sponsor from Pioneer Plastics we are able to attend this event and keep the Alfa Romeo flag flying north of the border! :thumbs:

We fitted new tyres, new brake pads and checked and redid a couple of things on the car. It should be 100% for the big race! We still need to fit the new signage from Pioneer Plastics. We hope to finish the race and place well, but whatever happens, I'm sure it's going to be an epic road-trip! All for the love of racing! :thumbs:

·
Regional Representative, For South Africa - AO-SA
5,467 Posts
Good luck Rory, Tony and Waldo..... keep us posted on this....

K

·
0 Posts
Hey , dont put any Nandos stickers on the car !
Must say you guys have got serious passion to go up there .
Waldo thanks for all your help at the track last week . Im sure you sick of bleeding brakes in my car . But hey they sure did work.
Good luck to ya all ! And bring back some silverware .

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the support guys!

We finalised a couple of things tonight and will be packing everything in the daytime... Got lots to pack!

We finally bought a GoPro Hero HD Motorsport camera today! Keep a lookout for some serious HD on-board footage! :thumbs:

We are a seriously dedicated and passionate bunch of guys, and would go to the ends of the earth to race! :cool: :thumbs: We just love racing!! :thumbs: TBR FTW!

Kev, haha, I don't mind helping out where I can! Was great to see you at the track again and even better to have you finish the day with such a good performance! :thumbs:

K

·
0 Posts
Coline , geez the fastest alfa man in the country on board here - welcome .
Trackman , what make of semis are those and size ?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
UOTE=krasch;4500114]Coline , geez the fastest alfa man in the country on board here - welcome .
Trackman , what make of semis are those and size ?[/QUOTE]

Kevin, they Achilles semis - not full race like Yoki/Bridgestone/Dunlop tyres - more like intermediate road/race semi as you can see from the tread. They 195/50/15" and are much cheaper than normal semis. For this enduro, with wet weather a great possibility, they should offer a good compromise on the day. Lose some dry speed to gain some wet - and save cash. Getting 8 new tyres for the price of 4 new Yokis...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hi All..

I see we didnt follow up on this post :( :(

We ended up coming 3rd overall in the 3 hour and winning our class in both sprint races..

We are busy planning for this years race now!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts