Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Proper gutted:mad:

The seatbelt buckle got away from me & dinted the alloy trim:cry:

It's a tiny pin point dent but one that's really going to annoy me.

Any suggestions as to pull the dint out or ideas around refinishing the insert:confused:

Cheers,

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Is that £90 plus part on the door card?
Bad day :(
Maybe removing said trim putting on top of some wood, place a smaller piece on the back of the dent and tap the wood to smooth out the dent?

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Mine was covered in them when I bought Stingray :(

I've not added any fresh ones since I bought her, Wainey told me the cause two days after I'd bought her :)

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Take the trim off place on a hard surface with some cloth so it doesntscrach then take a wooden handle screwdriver or a piece of radiused wood and vigourously rub in circles around the dent from the back of the metal, its an old panel beaters trick for taking out dings, it heats up the metal and makes it compliant and pushes out the ding at the same time.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's metal onto plastic IIRC so you can't get behind it:(

It would have to pull out. I'll visit my Dent man in Sheldon to ask his advice.....

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Take the trim off place on a hard surface with some cloth so it doesntscrach then take a wooden handle screwdriver or a piece of radiused wood and vigourously rub in circles around the dent from the back of the metal, its an old panel beaters trick for taking out dings, it heats up the metal and makes it compliant and pushes out the ding at the same time.
Lol yes that's the one :)

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
It's metal onto plastic IIRC so you can't get behind it:(

It would have to pull out. I'll visit my Dent man in Sheldon to ask his advice.....
It's easily removable I believe as its shown separate on the EPC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts