Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else finding alot extra dead bugs stuck to the front of their Giulietta's compared to other or older cars you've owned? I'm sure I didn't have this many on the front of my old Megane

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've noticed this because I drive like a lunatic in the G, much faster than i did in my old crapheap cars,

It makes me happy :D

·
Registered
878 Posts
Yea its definitely bug haven. I use warm water to remove them bug'gers while they still fresh the same day

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
I clean mine about once a month, that's nearly 2000 miles inbetween.

No problem really to get them off, just soak them in water and shampoo, and use a microfibre rag to clean them off.

Found 2 stonechips the other day though, one in the middle of the bonnet (paint is gone, looking at bare metal) and one on the bumper.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Found 2 stonechips the other day though, one in the middle of the bonnet (paint is gone, looking at bare metal) and one on the bumper.
Same thing happened to me a couple of months ago, on the V of the grill and on the bonnet. a light blue undercoat is showing. I brought the touch up paint and lacquer but just need the courage to do it with out messing it up

·
Registered
767 Posts
I found a stone chip on the tea spoiler! God knows how that happened...
Back to kamikaze insects, has anyone noticed little orange dots on the paintwork? First time I saw it i thought it was rust, though came off with the microfibre mit

·
Registered
33,269 Posts
I found a stone chip on the tea spoiler! God knows how that happened...
Back to kamikaze insects, has anyone noticed little orange dots on the paintwork? First time I saw it i thought it was rust, though came off with the microfibre mit
I used to get orange specs like that on an Audi I had years ago. An aluminium one.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Must be the bug eyed face attracting the bugs:eek:

Seriously, it's just that time of year. Good wax or sealant helps ease removal:)

·
Registered
33,269 Posts
Must be the bug eyed face attracting the bugs:eek:

Seriously, it's just that time of year. Good wax or sealant helps ease removal:)
"Is this a known Giulietta problem?" time again! Lol
The front end has a clearer display area for the bugs ( or fellow bugs as SR suggests) than some cars. Mines not too bad at the moment . Nothing like the wife's Multipla after a drive across Europe to Italy.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yeah the nose does seem to attract the bugs, I've been using Auto Finesse Citrus Power, spray on and pressure wash off. Doesn't strip the wax either.

·
Regional Support, For South Scotland - AOSS
3,507 Posts
Our G does collect a fair few too, but with several layers of Zymol underneath they wash off easily. Mind you, the 159 has been well and truly bugg*red over the past couple of days - must be a combination of the good weather and my enjoying the performance from the new turbo, :D.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Not noticed the giulietta being any more bug prone than my previous Brera or GTV's.

Surely summer = bugs, car driven in the summer = bugs on car. :confused:

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Not noticed the giulietta being any more bug prone than my previous Brera or GTV's.

Surely summer = bugs, car driven in the summer = bugs on car. :confused:
+1

I have no more than I did on the Xsara VTS. The weather has a big effect. Heavy humid evenings and the bugs fly low and you catch a lot. Dry warm middle of the day and the bugs fly much higher and you catch fewer. Watch the Swifts, Swallows and Martins and you will see what I mean.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts