Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I know this has been covered in past threads, but sometime in the summer i discovered my alloy front l/h was buckled. i know they are poor wheels but after transfering it to the rear with a new tyre i thought i could live with it. But i cant, its getting on my nerves and i have been looking on ebay for a replacement.
The part number on my bucked wheel is 60688033 and the part no of what lookes like an identical wheel on ebay is 60680154 ? Are these compatable? I know its a long shot, but as its the snowy season I figured there may be someone in the same boat?
It's off my Gt, 17" 16 spokes.
Many thanks

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I think that Autolusso have one advertised in the classified section, or else there are a few on ebay or you could try Veloces in New Barnet as they usually have a few.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Take your buckled alloy along to S.L.S. Fabrications in Hailsham, provided it is not cracked they will have it as good as new for £25 quid. They saved me a fortune in new wheels, had three 17" rims on my GT buckled, all as good a new. You need to get the tyre taken off though, they just want the wheel and take a couple of days.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi everyone, I know this has been covered in past threads, but sometime in the summer i discovered my alloy front l/h was buckled. i know they are poor wheels but after transfering it to the rear with a new tyre i thought i could live with it. But i cant, its getting on my nerves and i have been looking on ebay for a replacement.
The part number on my bucked wheel is 60688033 and the part no of what lookes like an identical wheel on ebay is 60680154 ? Are these compatable? I know its a long shot, but as its the snowy season I figured there may be someone in the same boat?
It's off my Gt, 17" 16 spokes.
Many thanks
Hello ilovered,
Not an answer, I'm afraid... I am in the same boat and have exactly the same query concerning these very same part numbers. Did you ever get to the bottom of this, please?
Many thanks,
Tony

·
Registered
29 Posts
just purchased one of the aftermarket wheels that you mention on ebay, 60680154, for £200 from Veloces of London as one of my wheels was buckled too.
They are an aftermarket copy of the original GT wheel no. 60688033

The garage who fitted the tyre had to remove the dowel from the disc to enable the new wheel to be re-fitted on to the car, this as the rear of the wheel is slightly different. Apart from that it does look identical although looking much cleaner than my other 3! and it has cured my vibration.

im not sure now whether to get the old one repaired and all 4 refurbished, or simply buy another 3 depends on what bargin i can strike up with veloces!

note alfa do sell an aftermarket set of wheels (17") for the GT for approx £560. they are 16 spoke still but do not dimple between the spokes. If you dont mind this then its a cheaper option to keep the car looking and driving good.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gt alloys

Hi folks, thanks for the replies, sorry i took so long in getting back.
I ended up buying a pair from ebay off a guy who changed his wheels then sold the car. Got them for a reasonable price and still have the 2 spares.

Thanks for the advice Triumphracer, i might take them over to SLS in Hailsham sometime and get them done for when the others buckle !!:eek:

I was going to make a coffee table out of one of them but i might hold on that now!:thumbs:

·
Registered
396 Posts
I was going to make a coffee table out of one of them but i might hold on that now!:thumbs:
SAWEEET! that would be SICK! i say do it, alfa wheels are so damn attactive w/ a new centre badge... - i think it would be a great talking piece and u'd be very proud - besides - u already have 2 spare!!!

post pics. :thumbs:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts