Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm keen to get the ball rolling and test drive / place an order for a new Mito. I live in High Wycombe and work near Reading and as such have a choice of 3 dealers: Perrys in Amersham, S.G.T in Taplow, Maidenhead and Whitequay in Reading.

I have visited all 3 over the last few weeks to enquire. Whitequays answered my tentative questions and offered a 40 min test drive - didn't tell them which Mito I wanted. S.G.T spent more time with me and appeared keener (suggesting I ordered soon to (a) beat the Italian factory August shutdown, and (b) obtain a scrappage place before they ran out), they offered a test drive but not in the car engine I wanted (1.4 petrol 120bhp) - they said they would phone when they got one in but haven't yet. Perrys didn't approach me at all but they were a little busier than the others, I have since seen them at the Wycombe 'motor show' and they offered me a test drive in the right car, I said I'd take them up on the offer this weekend but haven't yet heard anything. Perrys also said that I should hurry for a scrappage place.

To cut a long story short, does anyone know these dealers? I don't really want to do the 'play dealers against one another' thing, just stick with one that provides the best experience.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I got mine from SGT.
Julian and Paul in the showroom are down to earth guys and proper Alfa nuts.......I'm not entirely convinced by the aftersales team though.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I popped into Perrys for a test drive. Wanted to take out an 1.4 120 and Matthew Capel in the showroom very kindly sorted out one for me. Nice bloke (rides bikes so that helped). Pleasant experience, very relaxing and no hard sell bull so do ask for him if you want a drive. I believe they have been mega busy over the last couple of weeks tho'.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi all,

Perrys didn't approach me at all but they were a little busier than the others, I have since seen them at the Wycombe 'motor show' and they offered me a test drive in the right car, I said I'd take them up on the offer this weekend but haven't yet heard anything. Perrys also said that I should hurry for a scrappage place.

To cut a long story short, does anyone know these dealers? I don't really want to do the 'play dealers against one another' thing, just stick with one that provides the best experience.
Definitely give Perrys a call for that test drive. I was speaking to their manager Rod today and they have load of leads from the Wycombe show but not all the numbers so sounds like you may be one of the missing numbers – He is very keen to offer you that test drive and would like to talk to you. Call him on at Perrys on 01494 722191 and get yourself in that MiTo :thumbs:
I've sent you a PM also incase you don't see this post

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Iv'e known Julian at SGT for some year's and i used to work for Perrys, it's a toss up between the two for me, each as good as the other.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I got mine from Perrys Amersham and they were so very good from the start. I would say try to see Matthew. he is a top bloke, calls a spade a spade, knows his cars and loves motorbikes :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I also got mine from Perry's in Amersham which is odd given I work in Reading! I went to all the local dealers (Reading, Maidenhead and Amersham) and they were far more helpful and gave me much better service. I too dealt with Mathew, he went out of his way to arrange a test drive in a 120 Bhp Veloce which none of the other dealers would do, they all put me in a 155 and said the 120 would be just as much fun (Although this is true to a degree, its not the same as test driving the car you want). Perry's also gave me a very good price, very fast delivery (I only had to wait 3 weeks! :) ) and I believe their servicing is also cheaper.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for that,

I have today phoned Perrys and arranged a test drive for Sunday in the 120bhp petrol. Didn't speak to the guy but apparantly Andy Davies will be dealing with me.

I'll post my opinions after the drive.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Andy Davies is great too. They had an 8C in the showroom when I was last there and we had a long chat about it and Alfa in general whilst waiting for Matthew to finish with his other customer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts