Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Decided to get another cambelt kit for my beauties. (ESP as all well overdue) Eye ken fray experience ken that Mr Auto has mare price ranges than ,those who are auld enuff tay remember, than MFI.

aside, I remember one of my men calling the (Brick house) Supt as MFI.
Curiousity goat the better of me and wan day I jist had tay enquire....Why day yee caw the super MFI? I asked...Dead easy gaffer .."Essential vital parts missing" Tay say I wet masell was a mega understatement.

BOT....The last Gates kit I got was £135....So I decides to get another 2. (Pomeo and Lacey) they are now priced at £300 each. The price ranges between Mr Auto ..UK,IE,FR,DE and others is frightening.
DE sells SKF's for around the £145 mark. Email enquiies revealed they wood nay match the DE price. So search continued.
I am now getting 2 SKF's deliver from DE (NOT MR AUTO) for the £135 each.

Over the moon but here's the ?

After watching rip off Britain and Fake Britain How can eye tell wie my little eye if FAKE or GENUINE?

Pomeo

·
Registered
10,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well they arrived safely. Brand noo 2015 SKF boax wie 2 SKF bearings an SKF stamped timing belt and the infamous PPP (Pink Panther Part)

Each and every kit no matter who makes it comes with this part. Obviously no substitute part available for this Made in Canada part.

Wan day Soon will fit in the summer.

Pomeo

1 - 2 of 2 Posts