Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gave the car a good wash over the weekend and noticed a small area of wheel has started bubbling, about the size of a 50p

Anyone else's done this? I'm going to ask the dealer for a new wheel, even though I can already hear the response.

The same wheel has been kerbed slightly although not near the bubbling, am I right in thinking that they are be unrelated anyway, the bubbling is caued by a defect in the manufacturering of the wheel and would have occured anyway?

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Are they the 17" multispokes :confused:

I had all 4 re-done under warranty by the dealer about a year ago after they all bubbled. They refused to replace them outright. They were blasted and then resprayed.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
The laquer finish on the GT 18s I have is IMO of a very low standard, mine have chipped and scratched very easily compared to other alloys I have owned, removing a tar spot also put a hole in the laquer, unfortunately I also kerbed mine so trying the dealer route for repair is not really possible, although I haven't tried, I suppose you don't know until you ask.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts