Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you're the type of lazy **** that doesn't get out of bed until 11am can you please lose the pomposity of having brunch. It's the first meal you're having isn't it? Yes? Well then that meal is called breakfast ffs.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Lol...its nothing new ...the word brunch (describing a meal too late for breakfast but too early for lunch) had been used since 1895....so I think it might be a bit late to stop people using the word.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1895! There have been up their own arse people since 1895........?

But that's my point (ok, tongue in cheek rant). There is no time limit on breakfast. If it is your first meal of the day then that is breaking your fast from the previous day.......fucking breakfast then!
I work nights and get up about 2pm. I get up and have breakfast. I don't however get up and have linner or dea (depending on region.)

·
Registered
17,195 Posts
May I ask a dumb question. What is tea? (In a meal context, not the drink)

Surely a normal eating pattern is:

• beer
  • breakfast
  • beer chaser
  • lunch (plus beer)
  • beer
  • beer
  • dinner
  • beer
  • beer
Where does tea slot into that?

·
Vendor
45,291 Posts
May I ask a dumb question. What is tea? (In a meal context, not the drink)

Surely a normal eating pattern is:

• beer
  • breakfast
  • beer chaser
  • lunch (plus beer)
  • beer
  • beer
  • dinner
  • beer
  • beer
Where does tea slot into that?
Us Northern people have dinner when you have lunch and then tea when you have dinner.

·
Registered
17,195 Posts
Ah, gotchya. Thank you. But you’re in line with the beer quota though, correct? :)

·
Vendor
45,291 Posts
Ah, gotchya. Thank you. But you’re in line with the beer quota though, correct? :)
Sadly I have knocked the beer on the head, mostly. I'm awaiting the court sheriff coming around to revoke my Northern status.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts