Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I might be back to this part of the forum soon. Just have to sell my GT 1.9 JTDm and I reckon I'm going to get a Brera 2.2. Loads of benefits to the 1.9 JTDm engine i.e mpg and torque but it just doesn't do it for me unless i'm on the motorway, which is rare (please remind me not to get a diesel again unless I suddenly find myself doing tons of miles). Not asking for much in a Brera, just 18" alloys (horseshoe preferred) and would like heated seats but can live without if I really have to. Hopefully see you soon, well as soon as it takes to sell a car which may not be as soon as I would like....oh and if you don't see me that means I have decided to get another GT :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are a car changing enigma...most people change underwear less frequently

How many wives had you had ?
Only two...to be honest I find having the same car for a while a bit dull :lol:...my wife on the otherhand isn't dull

·
Registered
841 Posts
Now changing your wife even makes Grahams car habit look cheap - even if you do go for a derv powered old smoker with big mileage :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:lol:

How's the 159 Ti Tbi fairing Graham? I've noticed a few come up for sale at very reasonable prices!!!

·
Registered
841 Posts
Indeed, they are very reasonable now. I love it and I haven't been tempted by the 290BHP remap, well not yet anyway. :) Its a great engine, if a little muted, only downside is 25MPG for the sort of motoring I'm doing but given I only do about 8K a year its worth it. Sounds like you may be joining me soon albeit in a Brera?

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
...for a week or two :lol:
:lol:

Well this thread took longer to start than I thought it would! :p

I was expecting a boxing day classified add for the GT and a thread to suit!:D

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
To my knowledge this engine cant be mapped to 290bhp

The Guillette QV which is in essence the same engine can be remapped to 290bhp ... although one difference is that it has a bigger turbo ...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Magic :thumbs:. Amazed it has taken you this long to get round to a Brera (and change the GT).
Have worked out this is the only chance I'll get to have a Brera whilst Soph'e legs are short :lol:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
The Guillette QV which is in essence the same engine can be remapped to 290bhp ... although one difference is that it has a bigger turbo ...
Is that factual Chris or an assumption? I'm not doubting you, just confirming/ruling out a 1750 if that's the case.

290bhp potential would have made it a tempting proposition otherwise :thumbs:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I think the 159/Brera pricess are dropping because they have abandoned any further production of these vehicles, hence depreciation will increase and so..prices plummet. Which for me, is great as I think my next motor will be a Ti:) after I move my wife and child out of my parents as we are currently homeless and have been told not to even download the Autotrader App!!...until we have a house

1 - 20 of 39 Posts