Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, i am the iceman! no heat, blower works fine. Any ideas? I thought maybe thermostat but my know-how more like no-how. any help gratefully appreciated. 8v 2.0ts 94

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
welcome to the mad house.
do the heater control knobs feel ok,???
it might be the linkage has broken,you can see it if you take out the glove box and look at the control lever while you move the controls.(on the side of the heater box)
has it got water in it.??????????

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No knobs to feel(oo er!). I got electronic doodah panel

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok then a little more complex you can still look to see if the levers are working.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BTW there is a self test for the heating ..its something like hold down the AUTO button and turn on the ignition and wait for the fault codes to be displayed..i cant remember WRINX will tell you he has it .i think

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so i'm way off with the thermostat then? or is what you're talkin bout more likely?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if it was the thermostat it would heat up eventually, but anything is worth trying.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Check out your hot water valve on the end of the matrix, you will need to get the left hand side dash out which is a s**t face, of a job. A recent leaking tap caused me to delve into the dark depths of my dash, when I set the temperature all the motors worked fine, even the valve seemed to move correctly. However when I took the valve off the spindle had broken inside so there was no control. Mine failed open so i was hot all the time, I guess yours failed shut.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanx for the reply, guess its dashboard off time! worth changing thermostat anyway?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The car should warm up to 85-90 within 5-7 minutes of you setting off (maybe slightly longer if it's freezing where you are).

If it takes much longer (or more likely never warms up) or if the temperature drops back town to 50-60 while you're driving along then the 'Stat is shot.

Ralf S.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts