Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Picked up my first Alfa yesterday - a 2016 Giulietta Veloce. Very happy so far, hasn't come out of 'D' mode once yet and not sure it ever will :hehe:

So the first question I have, which I haven't been able to resolve with the help of you kind people already, is that although I can play music fine via bluetooth on my iPhone 7, I can't browse music, only skip forward and back tracks. I assume this should be possible, I just want to be able to get in the car and not have to touch my phone at all, be able to play music and call people using bluetooth using the display.

I know there's a USB port but I don't want to go back to having cables :ponder:

Any advise appreciated!

Cheers,

Guy

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hi Guy,

I haven't figured it out yet either. In the past I had a gt with a high end aftermarket head unit. That did the same thing, ie I couldn't browse the music. Might be a limitation of the Bluetooth version as it's a lot of data to transfer (maybe). If you plug it into the USB, then you can browse the tracks. With my iPhone, I just use the Siri functionality, Long press the speak button on the wheel and say 'Play Justin Bieber' and I have all the best high quality music I need.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37,874 Posts
Had mine since early January and tried this for the first time yesterday in a traffic jam. Obviously needs to be hard wired to search ..

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Yes - this is correct, to browse music (and enjoy album art), the phone needs to be connected via USB. This works for iPhones at least, I don't know about my other half's Android as I haven't tried plugging that in yet.

One way to look at this is that if you happened to have an aftermarket CarPlay head unit, which allows for excellent voice-operated music selection and browsing, then the iPhone needs to be plugged in, as almost all CarPlay-enabled headunits are not wireless (except for a few BMW models).

Meanwhile my Golf's Discover Pro DID display album art over Bluetooth - most of the time - but again, no album/artist browse or music selection.

Therefore, it's quite usual to have to plug your phone in, and it gets charged too as a bonus.

-Alex

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
...With my iPhone, I just use the Siri functionality, Long press the speak button on the wheel and say 'Play Justin Bieber' and I have all the best high quality music I need.
OMG... too much information there... are you actually a teenage girl? :lol:
I bought the 'Worlds 2.0' album, which is so long ago that JB didn't even sound like a boy.

-Alex

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Hi Guy,

I haven't figured it out yet either. In the past I had a gt with a high end aftermarket head unit. That did the same thing, ie I couldn't browse the music. Might be a limitation of the Bluetooth version as it's a lot of data to transfer (maybe). If you plug it into the USB, then you can browse the tracks. With my iPhone, I just use the Siri functionality, Long press the speak button on the wheel and say 'Play Justin Bieber' and I have all the best high quality music I need.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
:embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed::speechless::speechless:
ARE YOU SERIOUS!?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My fears confirmed! Thanks for the replies everyone!

It wouldn't be so bad if there were somewhere near the USB port to put my phone, what do you guys do? Glovebox?

Cheers! :beer:

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
My fears confirmed!
...no it's OK, he meant Metallica ;)

Thanks for the replies everyone!

It wouldn't be so bad if there were somewhere near the USB port to put my phone, what do you guys do? Glovebox?
Too much of a reach for me especially when I have a passenger; I suggest under the centre armrest, there's a small rubbery space where a phone can sit, and try to arrange a cable to be tucked under the left side of the console away from the gearselector etc.

-Alex

1 - 10 of 10 Posts