Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's that time of the year again, and AutoItalia at Brooklands is in next Saturday 29th April.
Just making an open invite to anyone who would like to join us.
There will be a meet point at Notcutts garden centre in Maidstone (jct 7 on M20/A249)
This will be at 7.00 am to leave by 7.15 to head to Clacket lane services on the M25.
Hopefully planning on meeting more owners there, and then leave by 8.15, to arrive at Brooklands by 9am
Be nice to see a good turn out and a decent convoy to the show.
Hope to see people at either of the meet points.
Chubbs

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Won't be gong this year, apart form having no engine in the car, I also have a rugby club do to go to, which will involve lots of alcohol consumption.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Was there in my Coupe today. Saw a lot of nice looking GTV's....left early to miss the exodus and tbh was not that impressed this year with the cars and how they were displayed/located around the site.

·
Registered
334 Posts
...left early to miss the exodus and tbh was not that impressed this year with the cars and how they were displayed/located around the site.
I agree, been going for years and this was the worst one I've been to with really poor management of car marque parking. Probably wasn't helped by the building works at Brooklands and horrendous queues off the A3 but think I'll give it a miss next year.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I was there. Far too many people to make it pleasant. And the traffic between Cobham and Campbell Gate was atrocious. It's about two and half miles and took over an hour.

Poor planning by Brooklands.

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,314 Posts
the building works were a bit unsightly, but I enjoyed it just as much as usual; always great to see how much love and effort folks sink into their cars. The only downer were the dark and threatening clouds, but it stayed dry. Hill climb was fun. I left about 4-ish, had no problem getting back via Chobham. Hopefully the building works will be done next year and the event will be even better :thumbs:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts