Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to Brooklands Saturday anyone else go?
thought I may see more gs there but not a great deal and very little looked modded either.the launch edition in magnesio grey was lush.hope to show mine next year and do hillclimb.how do you get to park in the alfa section? as not sure on rules...

·
Registered
75 Posts
went to Brooklands Saturday anyone else go?
thought I may see more gs there but not a great deal and very little looked modded either.the launch edition in magnesio grey was lush.hope to show mine next year and do hillclimb.how do you get to park in the alfa section? as not sure on rules...
I was there, Alfa red 2011 Giulietta Veloce parked round the banking. Apparently there was an alfa and fiat section that I didn't find although I suspect the fiat and alfa section was on what looked like a regular carpark back from the test hill behind a fence?!

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
I was there, Alfa red 2011 Giulietta Veloce parked round the banking. Apparently there was an alfa and fiat section that I didn't find although I suspect the fiat and alfa section was on what looked like a regular carpark back from the test hill behind a fence?!
That's where they were last year. There were not many Giuliettas then either. Very low numbers, I seem to remember being parked next to the only one on the row of 25 or so cars.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alfa section was opposite hill climb area in what was basically a car park.lots of alfas to look at shame you did not find it.always next year.must be a funny handshake to get in there as seemed a bit chaotic as regards to keeping all the alfas in one place.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got parked in the little carpark to the right of entrance once the steward eventually realised I was driving an alfa...err hello do I look like a golf...she even looked at the badge then still did not twig till I started driving off then the curves got her attention:thumbup:

·
Registered
153 Posts
I was there with the other Alfas, it's sort of first come first served,I got there about 8 am and there were loads of parking spaces, when it gets full they tell you to park elsewhere, good day, felt sorry for the guy that crashed his Lamborghini at the Mercedes world track

·
Registered
75 Posts
I was there with the other Alfas, it's sort of first come first served,I got there about 8 am and there were loads of parking spaces, when it gets full they tell you to park elsewhere, good day, felt sorry for the guy that crashed his Lamborghini at the Mercedes world track
Apparently the car had been upgraded to 1000 BHP, and I also saw a rumour mentioned elsewhere that the cars owner had not given his permission to be on the track. But that's only a rumour.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
alfa section was opposite hill climb area in what was basically a car park.lots of alfas to look at shame you did not find it.always next year.must be a funny handshake to get in there as seemed a bit chaotic as regards to keeping all the alfas in one place.
They split off the first batch of Alfas into that car park (The GTVs were further split off last year into their own sub-section) and the others are left to mill around on the banking as they arrive when the car park gets full. If you turn up early, you park in that car park.

The Abarths loiter down there as well along with the 4Cs that show up. There was also a GTA section along the back row, though it wasn't compulsory to create one I think.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wonder if lambo was going a bit too fast..i thought they just poodled round that track that's why I didn't go and watch..should have bought an alfa much better road holding:biglaugh:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Funny enough, didn't look like he was going that fast, just lost the back and hit the barrier, maybe the rest rear suspension broke as well as the rear wheel was at an angle

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
and to think I was bummed out when I left handbrake off Friday and now have to get bumper sprayed up for 150.i wonder what his repair bill will be.oh dear

1 - 12 of 12 Posts