Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gave a couple of lads a lift late last week down some country roads (I mainly do motorway miles in the 159) and noticed that it didn't feel too good. Had a look and found this in each side on the rear.
So I have these on order.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Best selection, think almost all Ti owners seem to have swapped to these after breakages. Recommend doing the dampers too, Alfist supply b4s for a good price (a tiny bit stiffer than OEM)

Reactions: Waquer159

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
6,568 Posts
I broke one of the Eihbach's on the Brera, but thats German engineering for you.:biglaugh:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Would love to know how it copes with bumps once lowered. I find the engine tray on mine scrapes on speed bumps and quick undulations in the road as it is.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well I've just got good comparison. On 245/40/19 there is no difference between std Ti springs and eibach. Reason? Most of TI springs are well worn or in general softer from Eibach ones. I've managed to get rid is scraping bunps issue with own made modified alu under tray. Ps I'm in q4 sw 2.4 so the weight may have effect on std springs

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I got all 4 springs replaced last week with the Eibach ProKit Sports Spring Kit. Nice improvement to the car, still firm but not nearly as crashy as the original. Although to be fair the originals had 91,000 miles on them so they were probably a little tired and saggy.
All in all a nice upgrade along with the Mtec Dimpled and Grooved discs and greenstuff pads on the front.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
So I got all 4 springs replaced last week with the Eibach ProKit Sports Spring Kit. Nice improvement to the car, still firm but not nearly as crashy as the original. Although to be fair the originals had 91,000 miles on them so they were probably a little tired and saggy.
All in all a nice upgrade along with the Mtec Dimpled and Grooved discs and greenstuff pads on the front.
Hi Donalh. Looks good. Thinking of doing the same thing myself. Tell me this. What do the Greenstuff pads look like with the red calipers?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Judge for yourself. I'd love to say they looked great but you can hardly see them. The new discs look good though.
Yeah you can't. at the end of the day you can always say you're going for the Italian flag look!! Discs do look good. Guy who owned mine before me put on grooved & dimpled on the front with Redstuff pads. Looks the business. Def going to put G&D discs on the back.........at some stage. thanks for the pic & happy motoring.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts