Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My drivers seat leans back in the top left corner as you sit in it. Its a bit annoying as it lays back too much, loses your sideways stability and creaks a lot.

I have seen what the cause is. Where the upright part joins the lower seat by the seatbelt socket, it joins on to a bar that sticks a little out the side. I can see this is bent a little, allowing that side to lean back further.

Is this something i could bash with a hammer to straighten, or is this bust for good?

and how eay is it to take the seat out to get to.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Disconnect the battery, isolate terminals, and leave for 10 mins. before attempting to remove the seat. Slide seat forwards and slacken two rear bolts securing guide to floor. Slide seat backwards and slacken two front bolts, I guess "slacken" is Italian for "remove"!
Remove seat.
There is a download for the the repair manuals on this site, well worth using.
All the best.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just decided to attack this on mine, turns out that the back of the seat, a steel pan for want of a better description is rivetted to the tubular upper seat frame - almost all of the rivets have broken off allowing the inner edge of the pan to drop back best part of an inch and a half - replaced the rivets and now the seat back is nice & straight - simples!!! :)

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
My drivers seat leans back in the top left corner as you sit in it. Its a bit annoying as it lays back too much, loses your sideways stability and creaks a lot.

I have seen what the cause is. Where the upright part joins the lower seat by the seatbelt socket, it joins on to a bar that sticks a little out the side. I can see this is bent a little, allowing that side to lean back further.

Is this something i could bash with a hammer to straighten, or is this bust for good?

and how eay is it to take the seat out to get to.
sounds like rushjob was lucky, his seat couldn't have been badly twisted, usually its the frame thats bent or broken and the rear pan rivets being sheared is a symptom rather than the cause, its not too difficult to remove the trim and have a proper look, if you you decide that the seat can be re-bent or welded fair enough, but its worth remembering that in an accident the seat plays an important part in your safety.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Make sure you fix it asap.

I had the same problem with mine and I left it. 2 weeks later the top of the seat collapsed. And I now have to get a whole new seat :-(

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Make sure you fix it asap.

I had the same problem with mine and I left it. 2 weeks later the top of the seat collapsed. And I now have to get a whole new seat :-(
i saw the black pan underneath and it doesnt seem to come off. So i wedged a bit of golf shaft in the gap and it holds the seat firm. Hard to explain what i have done but its much better

1 - 7 of 7 Posts