Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 30 continuous years of owning and driving an Alfa (12 in total) I have, due to Mr Marchionnes' (or whatever his name is) procrastinations, now been forced to look elsewhere.:(
I had been prepared to keep my Brera longer than my usual three years (I've now had it over five) in anticipation of the new Giulia.
However, goodness knows when or even if the Giulia will turn up on these shores and as I now need something with more space I have had to resort to a cockmobile (not sure if I can use that word or not) which I do with a very heavy heart.
Fortunately, I can stay on this site as I still have the Spider, but as it is a convertable, only my wife drives this one, although I do polish it a lot.
My biggest worry is that once the Alfa spell is broken will my heart never rule my head again?

Anyone interested in personal plate R50 MEO or R60 MEO?

·
Registered
7,785 Posts
As long as the cockmobile is not a B*W then you can be forgiven;):lol: Absence only make the heart grow fonder and as Alfa is in your blood we are all allowed one faux pas in our lives.:)

·
Vendor
45,943 Posts
Whats the cockmobile? Is it any good?

·
Vendor
45,943 Posts
I'm sure its a perfectly decent vehicle. Will you be back in an Alfa in a few years time?

And EauRouge, what exactly is wrong with BMWs? :tut: :lol:

·
Registered
37,870 Posts
My BMW is one of the best cars I have had.

Despite being 14 years old, it has no rust, gives 30mpg easily, the handling and ride is exceptional, nothing feels like it is going to break.. Plus having nearly 200bhp it isn't all that slow. The engine even sounds similar to a Busso V6 when you give it some.

Plus the only money I have had to spend so far is a set of rear hand brake shoes and some rear tyres.

If it was an Alfa of the same age I would have had to replace half of it by now (Suspension, cambelt, Radiator, thermostat, etc)

Don't knock em until you have owned one. ;)

G

·
0 Posts
Our last BMW was the worst car I have ever owned, a complete shed. Owned two, never again after the last one. So I'll knock 'em! Stick with Alfas!!!!

·
Registered
37,870 Posts
Were yours quite new Nigel?

The older ones were better built. The E39 5 series was reckoned to be the last of the really well built Beemers. Certainly my dads E46 isn't built as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts