Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...I had an unfortunate accident that I slid on a paddle of oil and hit the road fence with my front left of the car under mild angle. I was sliding against the fence, and at about 40km/h, my front wheel got stuck between the fence rails and span me 360 degrees and stopped. The wheel was partially attached to the car, but it was obvious that the front left axle was broken...and I noticed that some oil was leaking out of the car.
So, here is my question as I know very little about car mechanics, does it make sense to repair my car (2001 alfa147, 1.6ts)? Will the car be brought to previous condition if all repairs are done and geometry corrected...I mean, can I rely on it that it will not give up on me in some critical time in normal driving?
Some people told me not bother repairing, but their biggest argument was that even when the car got repaired, it would psychologically be a problem to drive as it gave up once and also, the steering would be compromised as well.
So, I hope someone have some thoughts on all this...thanks!

·
Registered
99 Posts
re: Lower wishbone, driveshaft, steering rack and probably shock damage, it's an insurance job really.
may be gear box damage too, then of coarse the body damage and repaint etc. Its possible that the chassis may be a bit quirky too now??
Insurance job for sure.
Really sorry to hear about this, i sympathise and best of luck

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
insurance said it would cover the repair...they'll take it to the official dealership for the repair. I'm just concerned whether this type of damage can be fixed properly and in quality since it involves steering components.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts