Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my flexi pipe is broken/leaking. What's the bes thing to do is it worth getting a new flexi welded in as available on eBay or do I replace the whole pipe?
Anyone know what a good price should be to weld in the new bit if I remove the pipe from the car?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah seen a couple of peeps ordered the flexi but not heard anymore? I just need to find someone reasonable to weld it in before I order it!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let me know how it goes I might need his help too;)
Where a outs are you in Hampshire ?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Give MIJ exhausts a call, let them know what make, model you own... They will tell you what diameter you need on their database and the total length of the flexi joint itself... They can sort you out a clamp and sleeve fitting flexi joint the same length and bore but with longer sleeve ends to fit over your existing pipe diameter one either end... Then all you need to do is cut the old flexi joint out of that section and push the new one in between and clamp it either side in place... They can be also welded in place too if you so wish

MIJ Exhaust Systems Bespoke Stainless Steel Exhaus

Like this kind of thing
Flexible Exhaust Coupling With Stub Ends 57.5mm (2 1/4") I.D. - FLEXH57
:thumbs:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Eastliegh Oh thats probably more in fuel than it will cost me get it welded. Shame though be nice to get to know a few alfisti.;)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Give MIJ exhausts a call, let them know what make, model you own... They will tell you what diameter you need on their database and the total length of the flexi joint itself... They can sort you out a clamp and sleeve fitting flexi joint the same length and bore but with longer sleeve ends to fit over your existing pipe diameter one either end... Then all you need to do is cut the old flexi joint out of that section and push the new one in between and clamp it either side in place... They can be also welded in place too if you so wish

MIJ Exhaust Systems Bespoke Stainless Steel Exhaus

Like this kind of thing
Flexible Exhaust Coupling With Stub Ends 57.5mm (2 1/4") I.D. - FLEXH57
:thumbs:
I will check with them but its one of the oval ones for the 147 not seen them except on ebay but will phone and find out.Not to sure if you can clamp the oval one though?
This would be ideal for the v6 though so will contact them .
Cheers Grahameo:thumbs:

·
Registered
513 Posts
I bought a complete flexi downpipe a couple of years ago from Ebay, about £45 if remember well. No problems. I think mine was caused by tired engine mountings causing the pipe to have to move too much.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
The one on eBay is £15 plus postage, hope it won't be bad quality. Some of the ones I've seen online suggest squashing them in a vice to get the oval shape.

Should be with me tomorrow, so I'll take a few pics

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah looks good thought it looked ok in the pics on ebay but you can never tell till you see it in the flesh.
must order one for mine now I've found someone to weld it in . Just got to get the pipe back off:mad:
One question is it mild steel or stainless?

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
This is stainless, pretty sure the existing pipework is stainless under the car, just needs some cleaning, stainless wire and some argon, best not turn into a huge job!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That sounds a bit more hopeful is your mate still doing yours?
let me know how it goes.:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts