Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car has broken down again, £550 to fix this time.

Since the warranty ran out in April 2010 the 159 has broken down 5 times and cost me £3,800 in repairs :wow:

So, its the final straw, and after nearly 10 years of driving alfas its time to say goodbye. Its down to either the Skoda Octavia VSR or Lancer GSR Ralliart (Nottingham Alfa sells Mitsubishi and the GSR looks really bloody cool)

Wish me luck :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
You did well to sustain interest in the car whilst spending £3800 and nobody could blame you for moving on. What was it this time?

Not too familiar with the Lancer Ralliart but a friend has the Skoda and swears by it. Fast too!

·
Vendor
46,116 Posts
Car has broken down again, £550 to fix this time.

Since the warranty ran out in April 2010 the 159 has broken down 5 times and cost me £3,800 in repairs :wow:

So, its the final straw, and after nearly 10 years of driving alfas its time to say goodbye. Its down to either the Skoda Octavia VSR or Lancer GSR Ralliart (Nottingham Alfa sells Mitsubishi and the GSR looks really bloody cool)

Wish me luck :thumbs:
Jesus.. What were the 5 break downs and what did each cost? That is pretty bad..

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The main one was the inlet manifold going and buggering up the whole system. Close on £2k to get fixed ( although to be fair this included cam belt change) then next was battery. Next was going into limp mode which was erg and stuff.

Next battery again. Next limp mode again, MAF sensor, thermostat and other stuff I can't remember. Finally last week power steering pulley and, of course, belt and all the gubbins needed replacing too.

It is a lovely car and I had wanted to keep it, but really it's just a bit rubbish. And it has it's MOT next week...

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Sounds like you have had a bad time. Good luck with your new car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts