Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to open the bonnet this morning to check the oil and as I pulled the latch inside the car it broke off in my hands! Gotta love these Alfas!!

Trip to the dealer at lunch and a new one is on order for arrival late next week. Let's hope we don't have to open the bonnet in the mean time!!

I know there have been threads before about the flimsy external safety catch but this was the "mega" ternal catch!! Watch out for this one... ;)

·
Registered
774 Posts
I think the internal one is quite prone to braking as well. I was in at Western in Edinburgh just before Christmas and noticed that on one of their used Spiders the internal catch was broken. You would have thought that they would have sorted that before sticking it in the showroom!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New handle finally arrived - went to the dealer this morning bright and early. Told it would take 10 minutes to fit - hour and a half later I had the car back with the new bonnet release handle fitted! Paid for under the third year warranty too... result!!

Driving around in the afternoon and came to a round-about... something small and light fell on my foot - the new bonnet releace handle. :rolleyes:

Back to the dealers tomorrow morning bright and early!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts