Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i took my 147 in for the AC to be serviced and regassed today and during leak testing they found a split on the front AC pipe, its the large assembly pipe, part no.4 in eper. its split against what looks like the fan cowling for the radiator? now the car has had a front end impact at some time and thats when the damage most likely occured, however the fan housing seems too large for where the AC pipe should fit?

Im thinking maybe it should have had a smaller size offset fan but it doesnt appear to unless this was purchased during the repair.

Doe's anyboy have any pics of how close the pipe is to their fan cowling on their 2.0 selespeed?

well the pipe assembley itself is costing me 98+vat from alfa and expense i soooooo did not need this month, anybody give me an idea how difficult this is to fit and what needs to be removed to access the radiator connector?

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
I'm guessing you have this damage to this pipe (see pic below), I've seen this on 3 147s now and it's down to lazy mechanincs not using the correct tools on 147 2.0 TS' to undo the cambelt cover and balance belt tensioner. 2 of the 3 I found hadn't gotten through the inner pipe and the system still held pressure, but the other one had almost cut the pipe in half.

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Spot on Smaky, its even broken some of the plastic of the cowling for the fan, the break is at the very top of the pipe in that picture so im replacing the entire hose assembley :(

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
I had the same (similar issue) with my TS, the air con pipethat goes between the condenser and compressor had completely snapped, I got a new (to me) pipe of a breaker.

Fitting is relatively simple, just need to take the front bumper off to gain access to the condenser :thumbs:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok well they sent the hose out this morning, it came and it was wrong. typical.

the part number they sent is they say the correct one for my chassis number, part no. 46767541.

Well when fitted it wasnt correct, the hose that leads to the radiator housing is too long, and the elbow that connects to the feedback pipe that goes to the back of the engine is at an incorrect angle. so basically it doesn't fit at all.

the one fitted on the car at the moment also looks incorrect on further inspection as it is bent at the very bottom and fouls the radiator fan housing.

I've added plenty of pics of the old one fitted back on as i really need to know what the correct part number should be :(

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
find a proper air con repairer, it might be possible to repair the pipe using a LOKRING kit using the original alloy ends and replacing the hose section.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts