Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in my 166 or parts there of?
I’ve owned it for the last 9 years.

PM me if you are seriously interested in either the whole car or specific parts. I’d rather sell the car whole, but I am willing to part it if there is enough interest.

2004 TS Lusso (pre-facelift). 150k on the clock.

Got HID headlights, auto-wipers, G3 Nav unit, LoudLink MP3 player, Light tan leather, removable GDW tow bar (only used for carrying bicycles), proteo red.

Good condition for age and mileage apart from the fact that it is broken.

Car is beyond economical repair for me.

Requires a pair of dog bones on the back (anti-roll bar already done in Dec), one upper wishbone on the front.
Cam-belt is due in 2000 miles.
Plugs due.
Suspect the clutch release bearing/mechanism has failed inside the clutch housing. I have checked the master and slave cylinder and had a look at the pedal box and they check OK although they potentially could still be at fault.
Before clutch disengagement failed I was getting an intermittent rattle at idle when clutch was depressed). Occurring about less than once a week. I thought this might be a sign of the DMF on it's way out, but may be related to the above.
Front down pipe needs welding (crack/hole in existing weld - bad repair by garage.
Thermostat was intermittent.
some other minor jobs.

MOT till Dec 2016.

You might be able to drive it (I got it home), but would recommend towing or trailering away, otherwise the scrap man will get it.
Located south Nottingham (NG2).

Lexio

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi,

I live just down the road in Wilford and if it goes to a scrappy I'd be interested in the ICU if it's working (and you have the code) as mine packed up - I can't take the entire car I'm afraid.

Let me know what you want for it if it's available.

Thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All parts are still available, I'm gauging interest before doing anything.
I have all the codes for ICS and Nav. ICS itself is capable of firmware updates, but for some reason the Nav firmware (which lives in the ICS) is stuck in the year 2000. It needs a 2003 update CD to get it back to the present. Otherwise ICS works perfectly and so does the Nav as long as you don’t mind using a 2000 map.
Dash is black.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'd take the towbar, a rear seatbelt and stalk (for a centre 3 point conversion) and 17" alloys if it has them?

Are the HID and regular headlights interchangeable? I think not, so they're probably worth a fair bit to someone with HID headlights..

A TS went on ebay for spares at £200, but I think scrappies are unwilling to collect anything incomplete (not even for free) - might be worth checking before selling anything vital like wheels!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
..oh and we should also all say "sad face" too...
Although if you're after another there are plenty about at the moment..
Alloys are 16" with good tyres, but I can't sell those unless I can find something to replace them with.

Difficult to find any scrapies that even collect. I found one that said they would collect, but they didn't seem keen on me removing any parts. I'll phone around to see if I can find anymore. It seems interest is gathering, I'll draw up a spreadsheet and work out some prices.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've found some scrapies that will collect, although they won't pay any money for the car. Even more incentive to break it. At least they aren't going to charge me though!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you still have parts, I am interested in the Electronic Check Module which controls the lights and sits under the dash next to the fuse box. See the photo for details. Let me know if you are interested in selling.

Thanks Jim
At the moment I have had an offer for the whole car, just waiting to see if the buyer takes it away. I should know in the next week if they are going to take it. If they don't I'll get back to you (or just nag me in week in case I forget).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Need Bonnet bumper and heat blower motor

Hello I am looking for aFront bonnet front bumper and heat blower motor.

Are they avalable?

Regards
Svavar

Anyone interested in my 166 or parts there of?
I’ve owned it for the last 9 years.

PM me if you are seriously interested in either the whole car or specific parts. I’d rather sell the car whole, but I am willing to part it if there is enough interest.

2004 TS Lusso (pre-facelift). 150k on the clock.

Got HID headlights, auto-wipers, G3 Nav unit, LoudLink MP3 player, Light tan leather, removable GDW tow bar (only used for carrying bicycles), proteo red.

Good condition for age and mileage apart from the fact that it is broken.

Car is beyond economical repair for me.

Requires a pair of dog bones on the back (anti-roll bar already done in Dec), one upper wishbone on the front.
Cam-belt is due in 2000 miles.
Plugs due.
Suspect the clutch release bearing/mechanism has failed inside the clutch housing. I have checked the master and slave cylinder and had a look at the pedal box and they check OK although they potentially could still be at fault.
Before clutch disengagement failed I was getting an intermittent rattle at idle when clutch was depressed). Occurring about less than once a week. I thought this might be a sign of the DMF on it's way out, but may be related to the above.
Front down pipe needs welding (crack/hole in existing weld - bad repair by garage.
Thermostat was intermittent.
some other minor jobs.

MOT till Dec 2016.

You might be able to drive it (I got it home), but would recommend towing or trailering away, otherwise the scrap man will get it.
Located south Nottingham (NG2).

Lexio

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hello I am looking for aFront bonnet front bumper and heat blower motor.

Are they avalable?

Regards
Svavar
Sorry, car has been sold and will be collected Sunday.

If the situation changes I'll re-post/PM people who are interested in parts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts