Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4 times in 3 days now rac said no fuel getting from pump to injectors seems to be every 30 to 60 min when it cuts out <is there a fuel filter anywere wich could be getting blocked >
any ideas please

C

·
0 Posts
Sounds like the crank sensor, very common fault. It gets hot and fails. If yours'll only restart after its cooled down, chances are this is the problem.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cut out be for just waiting now to see if it starts when its a bit cooler ,avin a nightmare with this tho lol joys of an alfa

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got it started again but broke down a mile down the road ,would the crank sensor stop fuel goin to the injectors ???

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
Good old GERMAN electronics leting the serpent down again, if your near Wilts then I'll take a look at it for you.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I had to call the RAC when I had the problem. The RAC guy didnt know what was wrong he thought it was a fuel problem. He did manage to get the car started with a can of RAC easy start in the end not sure how the easy start made the car start when the crank sensor was screwed though.
My garage knew what the problem was over the phone before even seeing the car.

·
Registered
9,178 Posts
Probably had cooled down enough by then ... the easystart was a red-herring.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Sounds like the crank sensor to me also, my 147 had this problem, it's getting the work done now + a new gearbox :( not driven it for about a month :'(

·
Vendor
45,299 Posts
Sounds like crank sensor to me. When my Punto got recovered by the RAC for this failure the RAC man had never heard of it but after I explained why it happens with the heat and cooling thing he understood and said it sounded like I could be right.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yep crank sensor done it this mornin been for a drive ,never cut out stop and started a few times , all fixed now
cheers everyone

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
thank the bl**ding Germans (Heinrich Bosch) but don't mention the war !!!:lol:

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
but don't mention the war !!!:lol:
Why? They started it.

Last weekend there was a fellow AOer over from Bristol, he had the same trouble, he called out the aa (who I must admit I was impressed with as he was here in 10 minutes, but when he arrived e was clueless, I was laughing my nuts off watching him struggle, computer wouldn't talk to the car and then he started bleming the fuel pump and then the immobiliser, I took pity on him and hooked up the examiner just to show him why he was wrong, waited an hour and started the car without touching a thing. Then explained to him the problem. He didn't understand and was adament it was the fuel pump.

But to prove it was the crank sensor it's been fine since I changed it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts