Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. Thought I'd invest in a nice Brodit holder and clip for my G. Got the right one but am now having a crisis coz the "as a dream" fitting is turning into a nightmare. Apparently, it couldn't be easier but in my opinion, the instructions make Ikea ones look like a comprehensive user manual! It's too hot for this nonsense.

Can anyone help? The holder is an Iphone 5 pasive with tilt/swivel 511431.

The problem started when I unscrewed the screws including the larger central one as instructed to remove the tilt/swivel attaching plate. At that point you are meant to screw the plate to the clip and then screw the holder to the plate. Bob's your uncle. But it didn't quite happen like that. My tilt/swivel fell apart and for the life of me I can't put it back together so that the long central screw will secure the holder to the tilt/swivel. It just doesn't seem long enough. Have tried every permutation.:cheese::cheese::cheese:

Any suggestions gratefully received. I'm going to lie down in a darkened room...

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I guess from the mountain of replies that you are all curious as hell to find out how this turned out!

I talked to the nice people at DSL Developments who distribute Brodit products and they tried to explain what I was doing wrong. But I couldn't get it so they said I should return the holder and they would fix it. Great, right? Wrong.

They returned the holder fixed and attached to the clip. I'd picked the one that is meant to clip on the dash and the top air vent. So I happily go to fix it to the car and... it won't fix. After much pressure and many attempts, I seemed to get it on but the clip then jumped off the dash in spectacular fashion. Hopeless. A shame because I had high hopes that a bespoke solution would work.

Needless to say I am investigating other solutions. I post this really as a warning that the Brodit thing sounds good (and seems to work for many people) but was no good for me. I must also say that the people at DSL were very helpful. Bests.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Thanks for the update.

I have used brodit clips before and found them too be really good. I was considering it for the g but i wasn't keen on the 2 possible locations because both require some inconvenient cable routing.

if it doesn't really fit i don't think its not worth risking the extra cost.

Thanks - you have saved me a few £

1 - 3 of 3 Posts