Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got back yesterday from a superb weeks tour of Brittany so thought I'd share it in case anyone else fancies it?

It was through Brittany Ferries and normally we don't go for package holidays but this was great, all the hotels were excellent, clean, fresh and right in the town centres. Driving between each stop was just right at around 2 hours, mostly on very quiet scenic roads, we did nearly 1200 miles in total.

The Spider was perfect ( the only minor mechanical was the wipers stopped working but it was only the nut had come loose from the motor and linkage and it was still in England so I'm not including that!) and luckily we didn't need the top up at all.

Breathtaking Brittany car or motorcycle tour - Brittany Ferries

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
6,956 Posts
Must be something about 1200 miles and dodgy wipers on Spiders this year!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha, you're right, we clocked up 1178 to be exact.

Good advice to anyone considering a similar trip would be to ensure their wipers are in tip top condition before setting off!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, it was a great route, you could go point to point or we took a few detours to see some more sights (and give me some more driving time!)

Parking was mixed, all the hotels had their own secure parking but this needed to be prebooked and was between €10 -15 a night. Some had their own 'normal' parking and some were on street or NCP type near by.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Thanks... We drive to France most years as a family in the daily driver... normally down to Beziers. I would love to do the route you have done in the spider.... (its not too far a drive)! especially taking the ferry to St Malo.

Yes, it was a great route, you could go point to point or we took a few detours to see some more sights (and give me some more driving time!)

Parking was mixed, all the hotels had their own secure parking but this needed to be prebooked and was between €10 -15 a night. Some had their own 'normal' parking and some were on street or NCP type near by.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks... We drive to France most years as a family in the daily driver... normally down to Beziers. I would love to do the route you have done in the spider.... (its not too far a drive)! especially taking the ferry to St Malo.
Sounds like us, we're off with the kids and dog to the Ardeche on Friday in the Passat but it was great to really enjoy the roads, scenery and of course the car instead of just slogging down the motorways.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Nice one Simon, we toured Brittany in the DD many years ago out of season (BC - before kids) ad hoc and it was wonderful, particularly Dinan, might be able to persuade my wife to do your tour with me ....

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
There you go Martin.. a great suggestion for a spider gathering... How many wine tasting sessions can you fit in along the route..:yes::biglaugh:

QUOTE=Joe90GT;16337105]Nice one Simon, we toured Brittany in the DD many years ago out of season (BC - before kids) ad hoc and it was wonderful, particularly Dinan, might be able to persuade my wife to do your tour with me ....[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
280 Posts
Nice one Simon, we toured Brittany in the DD many years ago out of season (BC - before kids) ad hoc and it was wonderful, particularly Dinan, might be able to persuade my wife to do your tour with me ....
We had a gites in Dinan a few years ago. Parked my Bertie outside in a side street, which created a lot of interest.
We went on day trips inland and along the coast exploring the small coves and fishing villages. Great memories!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts