1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
McDonalds, KFC, Subway, crappy ready meals, etc - can't imagine why we have an obesity problem in this country :rolleyes:

Although I don't think the problem is exclusive to women:p

N

·
0 Posts
Saw that J. Oliver on BBC News the other day. He was saying that the new batch
of religious academy schools in the UK are exempt from
the legislation that resulted from his successful campaigning for proper food in school.

That's sure to help.

Well done libcons! :thumbs:

P

·
0 Posts
It's a worldwide scourge in Western countries and I was going to say a number of things but I think it's basically seen as a taboo subject. In my direct relatives of around twenty people, only one has had heart problems and he was told point-blank that he overdid the saturated fats. END of story. He thought he was bullet-proof but he reached a fairly young age where he found it was irreversible and he ended up with open heart surgery.

Depressed the heck out of him and NOTHING he will do now will reverse things.

One of my female relatives has divorced and her ex-husband is 32 and because of his weight couldn't get life insurance. Hes a club bouncer.

If nothing else, people can start by getting their BMI and although it's not perfect it gives you an idea. I know that most will probably be aware of their own but please don't abuse me or be sarcastic because I've supplied this link. It's in Imperial and Metric.

Believe me, you never see too many overweight cardiologists. They know the odds. :thumbs:

Calculate Your BMI - Standard BMI Calculator

R

·
0 Posts
UK talk radio heading the way of US talk radio then? :confused:

:p
Oh that happened a long time ago.

LBC and Talk (Shout?) radio are two of the worst culprits by far. The soundtrack to any ride with the stereotypical London can driver.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:eek: I love LBC, they talk the right wing nonsense that I like to hear

N

·
0 Posts
Penn & Teller do a debunk show and fed fast food to people either
as-is, or re-presented as gourmet cuisine.

The score people gave for nutrition/taste/etc relied heavily on their perception
as to whether it was fastfood or upmarket cuisine.

;)

(You need to update your phone. :))

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
It's a worldwide scourge in Western countries and I was going to say a number of things but I think it's basically seen as a taboo subject. In my direct relatives of around twenty people, only one has had heart problems and he was told point-blank that he overdid the saturated fats. END of story. He thought he was bullet-proof but he reached a fairly young age where he found it was irreversible and he ended up with open heart surgery.

Depressed the heck out of him and NOTHING he will do now will reverse things.

One of my female relatives has divorced and her ex-husband is 32 and because of his weight couldn't get life insurance. Hes a club bouncer.

If nothing else, people can start by getting their BMI and although it's not perfect it gives you an idea. I know that most will probably be aware of their own but please don't abuse me or be sarcastic because I've supplied this link. It's in Imperial and Metric.

Believe me, you never see too many overweight cardiologists. They know the odds. :thumbs:

Calculate Your BMI - Standard BMI Calculator
My other half has spent the last month and a bit in Sydney and she was awestruck by the health mentality over there, she was in the olympic pool every other day and the whole thing was just set up for lane swimming.

The people she worked with were all swimming mad, every morning they were at it, whether in a pool or at a beach.

I suppose as an outsider looking in it could be construed as vanity, personally I think health is a bigger priority over there than over here.

N

·
0 Posts
They ain't all that:

Australia's obesity rates out of control | News.com.au

The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development report found obesity rates
in Australia had been increasing faster than any other advanced nation for the past 20 years

The report, which analysed 33 countries, found one in two people were overweight in Australia
and the proportion was expected to rise a further 15 per cent in the next 10 years.

;)

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
im overwieght and have recently lost nearly 4st through ill health, i am continuing with the weight loss now as i feel so much better, but a lot of people think fat people are lazy and eat crap all day....i have had times where i have worked 3 jobs, worked 70hrs+ a week, leaving me so knackered i could cry, i eat healthy and fresh foods, i also eat fast foods now and again tho havnt had anything for the last 4 months that is fast or unhealthy as it makes me ill....the problem with me is i dont make time to excerise, ano no, not having time is not an excuse, its a fact, i work in swansea at the mo, an hrs commute there and back so out of the house 10hrs a day so when i get home im too tired, weekends, too lazy as all i want to do is chill...

anyway, my point is that some fat people are not lazy, maccyd/greggs munching monsters.....i know im not anyway

1 - 20 of 41 Posts