Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the Brera S out for a ride in the country on Sunday and by complete accident found Britain's bendiest road :) :) (Well if the BBC says so, then it must be true). It is on the B3081 in Wiltshire near to Cann Common, this stretch of road is called Zig Zag Hill, you can see it on Google Maps. Not in the same league as the Alps, as its less than a mile long, but what a place to test the Prodrive suspension, well it would be if I did it again at more than 10mph!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm... stuck behind a caravan? :confused:
No, even worse than being stuck behind a caravan, the wife was with me and she still hadn't recovered from a few close encouters we had just had on some narrow roads!!

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
I took the Brera S out for a ride in the country on Sunday and by complete accident found Britain's bendiest road :) :) (Well if the BBC says so, then it must be true). It is on the B3081 in Wiltshire near to Cann Common, this stretch of road is called Zig Zag Hill, you can see it on Google Maps. Not in the same league as the Alps, as its less than a mile long, but what a place to test the Prodrive suspension, well it would be if I did it again at more than 10mph!!
Lovely bit of road apparently.. seen a few vids on you-tube and would love to try it maybe the southwest guys could put something together :)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
There are some great roads around us and they frequently get used by Jag, Aston and Peugeot when they were based here as test routes. They are great fun in the Ti but less so in the GT as the undertray makes far to frequent contact with the tarmac:eek:

·
Registered
154 Posts
There are some great roads around us and they frequently get used by Jag, Aston and Peugeot when they were based here as test routes. They are great fun in the Ti but less so in the GT as the undertray makes far to frequent contact with the tarmac:eek:
Sounds good SR, where's that then?:)

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
It is on the B3081 in Wiltshire near to Cann Common, this stretch of road is called Zig Zag Hill, you can see it on Google Maps. Not in the same league as the Alps, as its less than a mile long...
Bloody fantastic road!!! :D

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Ha! Yes I was totally randomly there the other weekend for End of the Road Festival and found that bit of hill. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to test it out as was in a tail of festival traffic (sorry). But then I was in the Clio anyway so no big loss :)

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
I've done Zig Zag hill !! :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts