Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Bristol is launching it's own currency!

BBC News - 'Bristol Pound' currency to boost independent traders

Anyone have any ideas for the what they would like on the notes?

An excellent question Keithy! Well let me see....

It's kind of traditional to have the pic of the reigning monarch on one side, so for the first side I would suggest a pic of councillor Gary Hopkins in regal pose, wearing a crown. :rolleyes:

Now the other side should probably be something topical and there are many possibilities. Here are some ideas:

1. A pic of a bendy bus being driven through Bristol by a laughing Boris Johnson, firmly stuck in traffic
2. A pic of bin inspectors dragging residents from a house for a flogging, with a bin whose lid is open 1 inch shown in the foreground
3. A long wailing apology for the slave trade, with pics of sobbing councillors circling the text.

I could go on but I won't, as these comments will be meaningless to anyone who has never lived in Bristol....

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
44,881 Posts
The suspension bridge with a bungee jumper falling to his doom and a snapped bungee following close behind ;)

I vote Brizzle :thumbs:

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Picture of St Pauls on one side and a flagon of cider on the other :thumbs:

·
Registered
237 Posts
I cant believe that Bristol think that this is a good idea, if the queens coin is not working for you then the Brizzle pound certainly wont, why dont they do away with cash altogether and the good people of Bristol can maybe barter instead.

·
Premium Member
4,543 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts