Pot roasting ....
Melt in the mouth :p

So what's your Roast....
You know when you asked on the other thread about
is there anything I can't turn into durt....? :p :p :p

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I'm not doing one today - feel to ill to be cooking.

Might just bake a cake later and lick the spoon!

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
we had chicken yesterday as mrs v6 has gone to the chelsea flower show today

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Shall I do choc marble cake or carrott cake?

Or very childish fairy cakes.................... yum yum!

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
Shall I do choc marble cake or carrott cake?

Or very childish fairy cakes.................... yum yum!
carrot cake please and an invite to come over and eat it. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Just had an everton sausage casserole!! A butcher in Ormskirk has made specially everton mint flavoured sausages, Mint and toffee!! MM Delicious it was too:lol:

paul

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Had the Inlaws down for a few days so did roast pork on friday and had a fry-up brunch as inlaws heading off mid afternoon.

My favourite roast if i have the time and inclination is a piece of well matured ( almost brown in colour) piece of rib of beef , well marbled with yellow fat.
Batter made for yorkies in the morning and then left in fridge for the gluten to start working. then cooked in dripping from the rib of beef.

roast parsnips, mashed swede and broard beans( i prefer frozen ones allways seem to taste better)

floury potato such as king edward or maris piper par boiled then shaken in the pan to soften the edges, thenshaken in a plastic bag with a small amount of seasoned flour before roasting in the beef dripping untill crisp on the outside and soft and floury in the middle.

gravy made by deglazing the juices from the roasting pan and adding stock redwine and some veg cooking water, reduce untill a good consistancy.

Finally a nice big dollop of strong horseradish and a bottle of a nice heavy red , black stump Aussie shiraz for example.

and Afternoon delight for pudding:)

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Just had an everton sausage casserole!! A butcher in Ormskirk has made specially everton mint flavoured sausages, Mint and toffee!! MM Delicious it was too:lol:

paul
What they like? I nearly bought some the other day, but mint sausages sounded just too freaky!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
And they come in navy blue too...which was a bit off putting but they actually tasted OK. You get more mint than a toffee taste (thank god) and its subtle enough not be too sickly. I would have it again but not all the time.

Paul

1 - 20 of 30 Posts