Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Won't be making it I'm afraid Martin - more than my life's worth - please can you report back on the condition/price though of the 164 if you go?

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Me too. Only the sure and certain knowledge of the acute pain I would have in my testicualr region is stopping me.
But it would be worth it....

Now I'm praying that Martin is going to tell us that it sold for well in excess of the estimate... to hear that it sold below estimate (and that I should have gone & bought it) would cause an equal but different pain in my testicular region...

Don't know what it is about the 164 & me but its an itch that is getting itchier & that looked like a very good one

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It wasn't a good day for classics - very few reaching their reserve (which were unrealistically high in many cases) so were either unsold or sold later - the 164 looked in reasonable condition but needed some TLC - I couldn't stop to the end so don't know what it sold for and they haven't updated the results yet, I'll let you know when they do - Brightwells have set the reserves too high for the last two auctions and its beginning to put people off and i think there is a lull in the mad rush to buy any classic now
I was sorely tempted by a cracking 205 Cti that went for £900!! - that was a real bargain entry to 205 GTi motoring

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
It did sell (the 164) - I've just phoned them. Went for £1800, so after fees £1980 - numb feeling already appeared down below....

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The 164 was solid but unloved - difficult to value that
The 75 went for 1400 - it was also solid but unloved - paint was terrible
the LHD sprint didn't sell - not surprising really - why would you buy it unless to export it back
I would say now is the time to buy at auction before another round of madness inflicts everyone

1 - 13 of 13 Posts