Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
45,647 Posts
How bloody rough does that pub look? They'll probably all get murdered anyway.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
How bloody rough does that pub look? They'll probably all get murdered anyway.
It's what us northerners call an "Earthy" pub.
:)

When they've had a pint they'll move on to "The Worlds End" pub, being careful not to fall over the edge, if he's in ;)

The go for something to eat at "Flat Planet Rock"

;)

·
Registered
13,073 Posts

·
Registered
13,073 Posts
No picture (well I do have one but it might not get past the AO filter) but last weekend, whilst just pottering around on Saturday afternoon, I encountered* a gentleman, who was my actual namesake, save for a blindfold and a pair of scissors - just standing in the middle of a pedestrianised street. Maybe he lost a bet, or it was an advert for a festival show; I have no idea what it was about and did not want to get close enough to ask....

*not a euphimism.

·
Registered
37,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don’t know what’s best, “He was trying to impersonate a helicopter as he jumped off
He swung his lower region around in circles to re-create a 'helicopter'.” or "I was shocked, it's my first time in Brighton and It's a Tuesday.“ What’s it like on the weekend?

·
Registered
13,073 Posts
I don’t know what’s best, “He was trying to impersonate a helicopter as he jumped off
He swung his lower region around in circles to re-create a 'helicopter'.” or "I was shocked, it's my first time in Brighton and It's a Tuesday.“ What’s it like on the weekend?
Probably best that I don't share those pictures....

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I shall be in Brighton in Sunday. Picking up people at the end of the London-Brighton bike ride (I'm not doing it this year I remember the pain of last year. Ditchling Beacon, no thanks!)

Clothes will be worn and I won't be climbing all over the peir.

Need recommendations for late breakfast/lunch and beers while I wait for cyclists. Doesn't have to be Brighton but the sea breeze might be nice.

Cheers J

·
Registered
44,882 Posts
I shall be in Brighton in Sunday. Picking up people at the end of the London-Brighton bike ride (I'm not doing it this year I remember the pain of last year. Ditchling Beacon, no thanks!)

Clothes will be worn and I won't be climbing all over the peir.

Need recommendations for late breakfast/lunch and beers while I wait for cyclists. Doesn't have to be Brighton but the sea breeze might be nice.

Cheers J
Home - The Ginger Pig

Be careful of the parking restrictions is my only advice.

·
Registered
44,882 Posts
“Listed as one of the Top 10 Pubs in the UK by GQ,“

Safe to say you won’t find me there*.

*Yes, I know that statement will boost their trade :p
I had lunch there last year, really good. Didn't know it was on some 'best of' list, that actually turns me off it a bit. :lol:

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I like to hob knob with great and good evey now and again.

Although do GQ readers do fried bread with their full English brekkie?? Might u Ave to skip it if its some posh nish breakfast. Pancakes and waffles no ta.

J

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Looks a likely candidate. Parking not a problem I'm driving my mates car!!
And there's a car park near the sea front at the end of Hove Street South. King Alfred Car Park. (Considerate of him to provide one). Also there's a cafe a few doors up from the pub which I like: decent coffee and food. That's called the Sunshine Books, Art and Cafe.

OK, the Ginger, King Alfred's car park, the Sunshine Books Art etc - it's Brighton and Hove. They have a thing about names. It's not a reflection on the people, although some of them might be starkers.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts