Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Followers of my occasional dog walking picture thread may have noticed that I have a thing about bridges. I thought I'd share a few pictures and see if anyone else has got any to add.

The daddy! Forth Bridge taken from North Queensferry a few years ago.

It's little brother.

Closer to home, one of the bridges on the Manchester, Bury and Bolton canal

The aqueduct carrying the canal across the Irwell seen through one of the thirteen arches of the viaduct.

Another bridge over the Irwell at Ringley.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
few of the humber bridge when we went over it last summer in my sud

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
It's an understandable fascination Keithy... Bridges are always interesting.

This is the bridge at the bottom of my road, I don't think I'll ever get bored of seeing it in different light and weather.

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,410 Posts
Some of those shots make me feel ill :eek:

I have an irrational fear of driving over long bridges that span vast expanses of water :(

Some amazing shots though :)

·
Administrator
45,547 Posts
Here's a bridge known to anyone from Congleton (although probably by no one else) as The Ten Arches.

The one in the background that is, we don't, as a town, have the sense of irony required to call that one in the front The Ten Arches.

Attachments

·
Administrator
45,547 Posts
It is also known as 'Congleton Viaduct' and this is the raging torrent which requires such an impressive bridge.

Attachments

·
Administrator
45,547 Posts
I have that exact picture. I bet everyone who's been to New York does. :lol:

·
Administrator
45,547 Posts
Here's one from the honeymoon - I've avoided the Golden Gate Bridge, and will give you this one instead.

Attachments

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
not a particularly nice bridge, but taken this morning in the snow with my 147 lurking in the corner

·
Registered
205 Posts
Milau Bridge

As part of a European road trip in 2009, we drove across the Milau Bridge. Felt it was more impressive to look at than drive across. Enjoy

1 - 20 of 50 Posts