Alfa Romeo Forum banner

14681 - 14700 of 14773 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I've been saying for ages that Britain has a false view of itself in a 19th century standing and mindset. We have no empire. It's so very sad to keep hold of a past with no view of the truthful present or realistic future.

·
Registered
44,842 Posts
Question, if Britain gets a serious Coronavirus outbreak in the next few weeks and months do we think this government will blame the effects of Brexit, falsely, on the outbreak? In other words is Coronavirus the perfect cover for a damaging Brexit?

·
Registered
6,633 Posts
Remember the "Political Declaration", which set out commitments for the terms under which Brexit would be negotiated? Turns out that was another work of fiction:

·
Registered
33,710 Posts
I've been saying for ages that Britain has a false view of itself in a 19th century standing and mindset. We have no empire. It's so very sad to keep hold of a past with no view of the truthful present or realistic future.
Ever since satellites were available we were no longer able to pretend that the boat from which we landed on some new territory was just the first of many and there were loads more on their way!

·
Banned
3,808 Posts
Has sizewell exited?
Yes, but not expired. Just had enough of this. Don't see anything positive in continuing to inflict grief upon myself, or others over this issue - my feelings are sufficiently well known. So I shall fret over things I can change and forgo those I can't. Back to my 159! That in itself is rewarding. This is torture. And I can do nothing to mitigate the anger over not being part of the European Family, warts and all. Bloody crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
33,710 Posts
At least you don’t try to add value by rhyming? Nothing to gained even if we write totally sensible stuff.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Question, if Britain gets a serious Coronavirus outbreak in the next few weeks and months do we think this government will blame the effects of Brexit, falsely, on the outbreak? In other words is Coronavirus the perfect cover for a damaging Brexit?
When I was young Alice Cooper used to get the blame for everything, so I imagine we could, quite easily, blame a corona virus outbreak on Brexit today.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Yeah but the hit to the economy is going to be balanced by a potential 0.16% growth over 15 years through a trade deal with the US Can't wait for my Brexit dividend from that level of growth!

·
Registered
33,710 Posts
My wife and her colleagues are undergoing a restructuring that pre-Brexit would probably not be risked by the culprits. It doesn’t look like employment law is worth the paper it’s written on now.

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Brexit - the gift that keeps on giving🤡💀☠

Brexit means coronavirus vaccine will be slower to reach the UK
And it will cost more here because of the UK pulling out of the European Medicines Agency on 30 December
Brexit means coronavirus vaccine will be slower to reach the UK

Brexit threatens UK’s ability to respond to a future pandemic
Brexit threatens UK’s ability to respond to a future pandemic

WARNING: There are "EXPERTS" giving their opinions here🙀

I know 'experts' were out of favour with regard to Brexit, but apparently Bojo, Domcum and the rest of the undead are suddenly and repeatedly at pains to point out that they are "following the science" and the "experts" as they **** themselves over the prospect of responsibility for many thousands of deaths from their incompetent handling of the covid19 crisis....

·
Premium Member
77,344 Posts
When I was young Alice Cooper used to get the blame for everything, so I imagine we could, quite easily, blame a corona virus outbreak on Brexit today.
Oh I'll bite...

What makes you think that we'll be handling this or future situations OUTSIDE of a network of academic and medical research? Trump wants to buy vaccines for exclusive US use. What part of 'America First' is tricky to get?

We're in the ****, and we're loving it.

14681 - 14700 of 14773 Posts