Alfa Romeo Forum banner

14641 - 14660 of 14773 Posts

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Well Tony, from 2008 even during the recession my business grew by about 3% PA, in July 2016 we hit a cliff, since then we have struggled to keep our heads above water, only doing so introducing new services. Its all well and good the government and media looking at the multi million £ business and saying everything is OK, small businesses like mine dont trade overseas EU or ROW. We rely on smaller businesses to bring us work, they rely on bigger companies to give them work. Tony, believe me it is getting very very tough.

On a separate note, someone I know in the same industry as mine was about to press the button on a £1.5M growth investment in 2016. His inside contact at Honda, Swindon, the company the investment was to supply, told him not to proceed. He didnt.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Answer the question. Democracy doesn’t guarantee jobs.

And when push comes to shove, you will crawl up the bosses arse to save your job, despite playing fast and loose with those of others.

Is it morally right that you should keep your job, if you voted Brexit and a colleague who voted remain, lose his?
Really, you want me to answer that?

OK.... NOTHING guarantees jobs, NOTHING.
Life has no guarantees, not even yours, in you your little remain bubble.

In a democratic society where you have the right to vote, the way you vote should NEVER be held against you, I sense you think differently, maybe you think that everybody who didn't agree with your vote should have limited rights?

The key word here is democracy, I really think you suffer with the concept of democracy, in fact I don't think you do, I KNOW you do.

So to answer the question...... the job should be held by the person who is best suited to the job, not last in first out, not 'they voted Brexit', not they are/aren't an immigrant (because that too too is irrelevant), and definately not "I don't like the way you voted, I don't agree....why me? !!!!

It might be you because you are not the best person for the job anymore, maybe you are stuck in your ways and frightened of change and the future... maybe thats why if push came to shove you may be out of work - I sincerely hope note, but should that happen you'll be in a better place now that we are out of the EU....... there will be much more opportunity moving forward.

Who knows, I may find myself out of work too in the future, I really hope not, but I won't balme it on Brexit..... after all people have lost jobs whilst we have been in the EU previously...... maybe.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
HP Sauce is a brown sauce originally produced by HP Foods in Nottingham.
It is now produced by the H. J. Heinz Company in the Netherlands. I imagine that’s an example of democracy?
It was named after London's Houses of Parliament.
...and your point is?
Mine was democracy, thank you for backing it up.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Well Tony, from 2008 even during the recession my business grew by about 3% PA, in July 2016 we hit a cliff, since then we have struggled to keep our heads above water, only doing so introducing new services. Its all well and good the government and media looking at the multi million £ business and saying everything is OK, small businesses like mine dont trade overseas EU or ROW. We rely on smaller businesses to bring us work, they rely on bigger companies to give them work. Tony, believe me it is getting very very tough.

On a separate note, someone I know in the same industry as mine was about to press the button on a £1.5M growth investment in 2016. His inside contact at Honda, Swindon, the company the investment was to supply, told him not to proceed. He didnt.
I wish you and your business all the best moving forward, and I can't comment on your struggles because I don't know anything of your business or your trade. I can only wish you all the best again (with sincerity).

I also can't comment on the person you know in the same industry.

When businesses have difficulties they blame <insert comment>.... brexit, weather, politics, weather, brexit again etc etc. , as do people.

It happens, if we had of stayed in the EU then some businesses would have suffered and some would have prospered, and whatever happens moving forward that will continue.

Hope things pick up soon for your business.

·
Registered
33,712 Posts
There’s a source Tony, “going forwards”. And all you can do is say you don’t know and can’t comment on something obviously you can’t be expected to comment on. It’s being offered as evidence complete with the correlation to June 2016 of the decline of his business. Your sympathy and repeated uses of the BS Bingo “going forwards” to pad out your
“ it could’ve happened anyway” to somebody who is directly explaining their experience since you voted to leave doesn’t really work.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Ok, let's switch it around instead. Tony, can you give any examples of any businesses that have come to Britain because of the advantages that "Brexit" will bring? It's a genuine question, because I can't find any, but there seems to be plenty of reports of businesses shrinking or leaving due to "Brexit". Maybe there are those that have come, and as a proponent of the "Brexit" project I would ask you if you can provide any evidence of it.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Tony, I do agree that in a democratic society you do have the right to vote for who or what you wish, but you do have to take responsibility for what ever may be the outcome. It is only fair that anyone who did something which damaged the future of a company they worked for should take responsibility for their actions, as I have heard "you lost, suck it up".

Thank you for your concern about my business, bit of a coincidence isnt it? My peer in Swindon received a very loud message from a company who does not need to be in the UK, question is, how many other off shore companies have that same thought now?

Perhaps you can reconfirm, the agenda of many brexiters puts the independence of the UK above all else, at any expense. Will you and other leavers be happy if our leaving is at the economic expense of the country? I suspect if truth be known they wouldnt. Like you 'going forward' is the sound bite the government uses. But as I said in an earlier post, half our trade is with the EU, another 11% is with countries the EU has trade deals with, there has never been anything stopping the UK doing trade with any country in the world, the EU would not stop it, its a myth they would, remember T May came back from China with £XBn worth of trade, why had that not been done before? We already do £123bn trade with the US.

The UK already has (had) trade deals all around the world through the EU, at the end of the year we have to start again, none of the big markets have yet indicated they want a deal with us, because to them the EU is more important, there is the USA, but that would mean they want to shaft us, we already do more trade with them. There are trade deals ready to be put in place, but how pathetic they are, look down the bottom of this article:

·
Banned
3,808 Posts
I wish you and your business all the best moving forward, and I can't comment on your struggles because I don't know anything of your business or your trade. I can only wish you all the best again (with sincerity).

I also can't comment on the person you know in the same industry.

When businesses have difficulties they blame <insert comment>.... brexit, weather, politics, weather, brexit again etc etc. , as do people.

It happens, if we had of stayed in the EU then some businesses would have suffered and some would have prospered, and whatever happens moving forward that will continue.

Hope things pick up soon for your business.
So, you acknowledge, we won’t all be moving forward together, just some of us. And those that are redundant will be in a better place?

And you will be happy for your taxes to go up to compensate those who have lost their jobs because of your crass stupidity?

Is what you write really what comes out of your mouth? Because it’s rabid nonsense!

And supreme arrogance. You aren’t offering Democracy! You are offering servitude! Placing Society’s dependence for their, and their families livelihoods, in the hands of bigoted fools like you, who are naive enough to believe they will have a place in the New World Order!

What this is about, is not Brexit! Is it? It is a smoke screen for something much more sinister!

I said it before - gullible fool!

And your comment about “wishing you and your company well”, well that too is Satire. You couldn’t give A S—t.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
What this is about, is not Brexit! Is it? It is a smoke screen for something much more sinister!
I said it before - gullible fool!

And your comment about “wishing you and your company well”, well that too is Satire. You couldn’t give A S—t.
There's a reason I'm the only Brexiteer left on this post - Keyboard Warriors,
I'll keep popping in now and again to say hello ;-)

Wishing some of you all the best and some others to use the quote from above......
I couldn’t give A S—t about.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
We have turned our back on the EU because some claim they were 'controlling' us. But are they happy with the way China is potentially taking control of our infrastructure? We have the Chinese getting into our nuclear power industry,

We have our government happy to do a deal with Huawei, presumably hoping to get a deal with China, and now the Chinese are trying to get a stake in HS2!

Of course Grant Shapps says:

"The UK government was not involved in talks with China over building the HS2 high-speed rail line, Transport Secretary Grant Shapps has said. " Yeh I bet they arnt.

The way its going, the UK will be run by China.

·
Banned
3,808 Posts
Don’t upset yourself. 17.4 million can’t see their noses in front of their faces. So they are unlikely to to appreciate what you are saying.

·
Banned
3,808 Posts
Correct. And they have moved on.

Don’t take out adequate Holiday Insurance and expect the tax payer to ferry them home! They should stay there, and eliminate the risk of contagion. Plus Johnson doesn’t need their vote now, so stuff them!
No real sincerity to their beliefs. Whilst not an apologist for Johnson, the issues surrounding flooding predate his tenure and indeed most politicians of the last two Parliaments. But he is expected to turn up and take totally unproductive criticism by some ranting fool.

We all know it’s bad, but that doesn’t get anybody anywhere. Perversely, I think it more logical to manage the situation in a coordinated fashion.

Shame, I can’t pin the flooding on Brexit. Suspect, there would have been some relief coming our way, had we still been in the E.U.

·
Registered
44,843 Posts
Shame, I can’t pin the flooding on Brexit. Suspect, there would have been some relief coming our way, had we still been in the E.U.
Err... while in the transition period a lot of this stuff remains as before because we are still paying into the budget until December. I read somewhere that some local authorities are trying to claim relief from the EU.

14641 - 14660 of 14773 Posts