Alfa Romeo Forum banner

14581 - 14600 of 14655 Posts

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Ironically , the idiocy has been bred into the politicians by inheriting a structure from Europe so they wouldn’t know how to be constructive for the country as a whole if they were given the chance. All they can do is destroy and criticise and at the heart of it is self interest, it would appear. The fact that 17M people can’t identify this in the chaos is understandable.
Eh! Where are you coming from “Q”? It is not in the least understandable.

Liverpool, Cardiff, Newcastle, Glasgow - all E.U. Cities of Culture. Where exactly did they think the money came from. Successive Governments allowed them to decay with little though for the inhabitants, their life chances or the environment.

All resurrected by E.U. Investment. It would never have happened without it!

It will be interesting to see if the investment Johnson promises matches the support the E.U. has continually given to these and many other regions.

And all ignored by the idiots who voted Brexit. Norman Tebbit suggested Northerners should get on their bikes. Does Johnson intend to give them some?

All the Brexit Referendum has done, is confirm, the general ignorance of the populous is probably the highest of all Western Societies.

If Johnson wants to find the resources for all his promises, he would do well to scrap education. It is pretty much wasted on a population that doggedly refuses to be educated.

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
The power of the popular press, a right wing zealot (farage) and a promise to 'get us out of the EU', "the EU must be the route of all that is bad in this country," a bloke down the pub told me. (where have we heard that before). No one (and the failure of the remain campaign in 2016) to talk about what the EU has done for this country, how so many of the evil EU rules was legislation voted for by our Euro MPs, then gold plated in Westminster.

Well they have their Brexit, clearly none know how or what will be the benefits, they condemn remainers for being negative when we ask the questions, but we will now just have to wait, let them do all the great things they speak of.

Those in control have their own agenda and sadly its for the benefit of themselves and their party.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
The vacuum is occasionally interspersed with agreement with something the brexiteer thinks reinforces their case in attempt to be amiable. I don’t appreciate this attempt from a bunch of people shooting my foot as well as theirs for “democratic” reasons. If they want to leave, they are most welcome.
..why thank you!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Frankly its the frightening way you made your decision to vote to leave without having the vaguest idea of what the change will be is even more scary than the 1000 .....
It's only frightening because people (like you) are scared of change.......

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
“I don't think you're stupid, I think you're wrong. (edited out by poster) ....but I bet you voted for them. There is literally nothing I can say or do that will convince you you've been had is there? That is perhaps the saddest thing of all.
You lost your bet....... I didn't vote for them, you see this isn't black and white, it's multi layered, and casting aspersions and opinions is just plain wrong, if you can stop doing that you may realise the world doesn't revolve around your own personal opinions.

The saddest thing of all is that you feel you can judge people on a meaningless forum that will have no bearing on any of our lives except to make those who are bitter even more so, and bear bait those who have a different opinion to you.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Not at all...but it has to be change for the better and a beneficial reason...not just for changes sake......and it will take a miracle for that to happen.

Its not exactly ancient history (1973) ...have none of the leavers bothered to look in the history books to see how far behind Germany, France etc we were in economic growth and investment BEFORE we joined. I would not mind betting we will be heading right back there. Why did we join in the first place?...oh yeah!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Not at all...but it has to be change for the better and a beneficial reason...not just for changes sake......and it will take a miracle for that to happen.

Its not exactly ancient history (1973) ...have none of the leavers bothered to look in the history books to see how far behind Germany, France etc we were in economic growth and investment BEFORE we joined. I would not mind betting we will be heading right back there. Why did we join in the first place?...oh yeah!
Miracles....... ! Really that's a point for discussion? You have the magical crystal ball... (I don't btw).
You can honestly tell me that everything was fine as it was in the Eu? Then good for you.
Well guess what, it wasn't for everybody else, hence the way the vote was cast.

Google is brilliant... dates, stats, etc.

What we joined looks nothing like what we have chose to leave, it was the EEC then! The world has changed. And in terms of dates you don't think it is ancient history..... but in terms of the modern world it is. Move on. We are no longer that 'lagging behind economy'.

Status Quo is all well and good when things are going your way.......<and as for betting....it's the remoaners who are continually betting on the negative outcome)

I do not in any way want to leave the the EU behind, that would be absolutely STUPID for all parties, we have to move on, together.

We will be an influential partner in trade with the EU, both parties know how important we all are to each other.
(Crystal ball.....no, just my own thoughts, I am allowed them).

·
Registered
33,124 Posts
We are no longer “that lagging behind economy”?
UK GDP: British economy stalls amid political uncertainty
I’ll let you read this.

HMRC extended the deadline for businesses to apply for customs support funding to 31 January 2021. To date, applications have been made for around £18.5 million out of a possible £26 million – meaning there is at least £7.5 million left to claim from HMRC. That’s more work and expense for companies busy trying to scrape together some export markets from what’s left of the countries to sell to.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Miracles....... ! Really that's a point for discussion? You have the magical crystal ball... (I don't btw).
You can honestly tell me that everything was fine as it was in the Eu? Then good for you.

What we joined looks nothing like what we have chose to leave, it was the EEC then! The world has changed. And in terms of dates you don't think it is ancient history..... but in terms of the modern world it is. Move on. We are no longer that 'lagging behind economy'.

Status Quo is all well and good when things are going your way.......<and as for betting....it's the remoaners who are continually betting on the negative outcome)

I do not in any way want to leave the the EU behind, that would be absolutely STUPID for all parties, we have to move on, together.

We will be an influential partner in trade with the EU, both parties know how important we all are to each other.
Why let the facts get in the way of a good story. To be honest there is no reasoning with a Breiteeer.....obviously there wont be or they would not have voted the way they did if they could understand reasoning and logic All the arguments for Brexit seem to be emotive or voting for what might happen (racism and jingoism to one side)......not a good way decide anything. For that reason (and it gets me annoyed to be honest!!) Ive decided not to post in this thread anymore, sit back and wait to see what happens....then when it goes down the toilet move to the Solomon Islands!!!....which to be fair has always been the retirement plan way before Breixt....might be bought forward a few years!!!

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Since the majority of the supporters of Brexit voted that way because of fears around open borders and uncontrolled immigration from EU states (including EU states who themselves have high levels of immigration from non-EU countries) - Two things surprise me currently:

1. Why are people wasting time on pointing out to Brexiteers things like tariffs and the impact on business of leaving the EU? This couldn't be of less interest to the vast majority who voted Brexit since it isn't linked to what they voted for (and - by the way - it's the reason so very, very few respond when asked to state the benefits of Brexit because it's a bit of a dirty little secret that the singular benefit they voted for was to stop immigration of cheap Poles, criminal Albanians, French passported North Africans and Syrian asylum seekers coming via Germany)

2. Why is Cummings populating the cabinet now with a Chancellor, an Attorney General and Home Secretary from the sub-continent? Does he really think that his new found voters from the Brexit party are bothered by any subtleties around someone being 2nd generation British-Indian/Hindu versus a Pakistani Muslim? To them, these will all be just "immigrants" and therefore surely he's playing a pretty dangerous game here. Farridge must be chuckling quietly to himself as it just leaves the door wide open for his return (post Brexit) of the British People's Party which will REALLY ramp up the stakes now he knows where the 17.4 million are and what they want

All very odd.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
No! Its because, unlike Brexiteers, they declined a Frontal Lobotomy!

Lobotomies are a means of calming severely mentally disturbed patients, who are prone to violence and self harm.

Unfortunately, it removes what little power of reasoning the patient has.

It eliminates any necessity for self preservation, renders them incapable of reasoned argument and concern about personal risk, or risk to anyone else.

To be afraid, indeed scared of change is an entire natural human trait.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
No! Its because, unlike Brexiteers, they declined a Frontal Lobotomy!
To be afraid, indeed scared of change is an entire natural human trait.
Frontal Lobotomy ha ha - and brexiteers are called stupid on here :)

Change is not a fear in my life, it's an opportunity.
Fear equates to resistance for change, it's not an entire natural human trait at all, as the majority of the country proved in the referendum.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
You lost your bet....... I didn't vote for them, you see this isn't black and white, it's multi layered, and casting aspersions and opinions is just plain wrong, if you can stop doing that you may realise the world doesn't revolve around your own personal opinions.

The saddest thing of all is that you feel you can judge people on a meaningless forum that will have no bearing on any of our lives except to make those who are bitter even more so, and bear bait those who have a different opinion to you.

I object to people attributing observations made by others, to me!
No doubt, it’s a trick you clearly learned from your Brexit pals.

No, I’m being too generous. You were probably indoctrinated on how to plagerize the text of others, cutting and pasting to distort the truth. It must have taken years for you to grasp the principles.

What you cannot disguise however, is your monosyllabic approach when responding to posts. It’s a dead give away. Your mentors will need to work on that a bit more!

You attributed in your post, “Think you are an idiot”, to me! I did not. I was pointing out that, clearly from the prose, someone else thought you were.

However, no need to post a retraction. I do think you’re an idiot!

[/QUO

·
Registered
3,674 Posts

“I do not in any way want to leave the the EU behind, that would be absolutely STUPID for all parties, we have to move on, together.” - you mean you want all the benefits, without having to comply with the rules every othe member of this economic block has to?

Classic - leeching off everyone else!

Well that ain’t going to happen. And more to the point, if you look at the withdrawal agreement,We haven’t left at all!

“Well, we’ll just walk away then!” - say petulant Brexit Idiots.

The truth is, we can’t and won’t! All Johnson is doing now is a “Damage Limitation Exercise”.

And he won’t involve any of of the Brexit Voting Morons, because they haven’t got a clue - as you so admirably demonstrate!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I object to people attributing observations made by others, to me!
No doubt, it’s a trick you clearly learned from your Brexit pals.

No, I’m being too generous. You were probably indoctrinated on how to plagerize the text of others, cutting and pasting to distort the truth. It must have taken years for you to grasp the principles.

What you cannot disguise however, is your monosyllabic approach when responding to posts. It’s a dead give away. Your mentors will need to work on that a bit more!

You attributed in your post, “Think you are an idiot”, to me! I did not. I was pointing out that, clearly from the prose, someone else thought you were.

However, no need to post a retraction. I do think you’re an idiot!
Name calling..... excellent response.
Do you still sit on the floor in the supermarket when you don't get your way?
Or have you 'grown up' now and sit outside the houses of parliament with your placards?

;-)

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Frontal Lobotomy ha ha - and brexiteers are called stupid on here :)

Change is not a fear in my life, it's an opportunity.
Fear equates to resistance for change, it's not an entire natural human trait at all, as the majority of the country proved in the referendum.

“Change is not a fear in my life, it's an opportunity.”

OK, you are unafraid of a change from full time employment, to joblessness?

You are unafraid of losing your home?

You are unafraid for your children’s future?

You have had a Lobotomy!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts

“Change is not a fear in my life, it's an opportunity.”

OK, you are unafraid of a change from full time employment, to joblessness?

You are unafraid of losing your home?

You are unafraid for your children’s future?

You have had a Lobotomy!
If I have I don't remember ;-)
Still puts me in a higher IQ bracket than you - oohh isn't name calling fun?

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Name calling..... excellent response.
Do you still sit on the floor in the supermarket when you don't get your way?
Or have you 'grown up' now and sit outside the houses of parliament with your placards?

;-)
No, I got to the Zoo, and poke the Brexit Monkeys with a sharp stick!

The Zookeepers don’t mind as they are an alien species! But they won’t let them in with the other monkeys as they just **** on their food and everyone else’s.

14581 - 14600 of 14655 Posts