Alfa Romeo Forum banner

14341 - 14353 of 14353 Posts

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
It seems to me that the center-right position of political figures and parties, which are now becoming very popular in Europe, will not allow changing the situation with Brexit. Although I would like to.
But we are a "Democracy". We can do anything! Are you implying, "Taking Back Control" is not "Taking Back Control"? A fatal flaw with our Democracy is it appears to be far too tolerant of Idiots. In this instance, 17.2 Million of them who have still failed to give a single plausible reason why we should "Take Back Control".

·
Registered
138 Posts
But we are a "Democracy". We can do anything! Are you implying, "Taking Back Control" is not "Taking Back Control"? A fatal flaw with our Democracy is it appears to be far too tolerant of Idiots. In this instance, 17.2 Million of them who have still failed to give a single plausible reason why we should "Take Back Control".
Old Italian proverb... ' the mothers of cretins
are always pregnant' ....

Don

·
Registered
3,417 Posts

Don
Saints preserve us! No wonder we are overcrowded - 17.2 million of them shagging their brains out. Can't someone buy them a tele?

·
Registered
3,417 Posts

Don
Whist we are the subject of cretins - Bo. Jo was on Andrew Marr this morning; obviously thought it was an easier option to face Marr than Neil. However, Marr was tenacious, whilst Johnson was equally evasive. Worth a watch on catch up. Marr got plenty of questions in, but not many if any answers out.

Marr, relating to some comments in Johnson's Jungle Telegraph Column asked about "Islamophobia" and his derogatory comments about Muslims.

Johnson, in an attempt to deflect what Marr was driving at said, "My Great Grandfather could recite the Koran". Like every comment that man makes, the evidence is never there to support his claims.

I do believe his Turkish Great Grandfather, Ali Kemal; a Politician and Journalist who was Lynched by a mob in the 1920's in Turkey.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
I’m a bit disturbed by the way “when Brexit happens” in discussions about the elections.
Am I correct when I say, one of the leading scaremongers about the expansion of the E.U. was Johnson going on about "Hoards of Turks" coming into Britain once they joined the E.U.?

The only connection I can make between this and his late Great Grandfather is, He must have had an extremely large family, of which Pfeffel is the Advance Party!

Pfeffel:- "Pfaeffle", a derivative of "Pfaff", from the German "pfaffe", cleric, parson, or "papst", pope.

He does use the term "Faffing About" a lot.

·
Registered
44,680 Posts
I’m a bit disturbed by the way “when Brexit happens” in discussions about the elections.
They're assuming Johnson will get a working majority, which, going by the polls is a fair assumption unfortunately. We need a Mrs May type 'nothing's changed' moment so people can see Johnson for what he really is. Why else is Cummings keeping him away from leaders debates and Andrew Neil interviews, they're worried he'll slip back into idiot mode and screw things up.

·
Registered
32,197 Posts
Some people don’t vote because the poll says plenty of other supporters of their party will do it anyway...

·
Premium Member
45,065 Posts
And it doesn't matter what the numbers are nationally either. The numbers in each constituency are the only thing which matters in the end. As far as I know, the polling companies don't do constituency specific polling.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Some people don’t vote because the poll says plenty of other supporters of their party will do it anyway...
No, they are just lazy, whinging bastards, that have an opinion on everything, but ultimately do nothing about anything. They object to equality, women's freedom of choice wrt terminations, etc, etc, any kind of issue just so they can hear their own voices. But are usually nowhere to be found when it really matters.

14341 - 14353 of 14353 Posts