Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Should the UK remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 24 58.5%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 17 41.5%
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
77,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We did this back in Feb.

Has any of the outpouring of info and opinion altered anyone’s views, or engaged anyone hitherto unbothered?

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Can't see why it needs any discussion myself although not sure if the likely future prospect of having to buy Euros and showing your passport at the Scottish border fills me with despair or excitement!

·
Premium Member
2,828 Posts
I'm torn, don't know enough, part of me thinks the UK could stand on it's own two feet, part of me says it's a big mess leaving,

·
Banned
703 Posts
What about what the UK was famous for. Rolls Royce, Jaguar, British Steel, Stainless steel, The RAF, Royal Navy, British engineering, Unions the flying scotsman London underground and many many more. Not much left now, Whats the score on the WWI and WWII.
We will do just fine.

·
Banned
703 Posts
Who's "we" and define "didn't do bad" ....

The UK was turning into a tinpot little country on the arse-end of Europe.
And again has the chance at that, I guess, if BREXIT occurs.
And what are we now. a pathetic little island full of bureaucrat and a tolet for immigrants ruled by more bureaucrats in a different country

·
Registered
119 Posts
How come we were so desperate to join then (remember Heath?) :confused:
Just what has Ted Heath got to do with the EU, besides nothing,
He took Britain into the European Economic Community in 1973
The EU was not founded until : November 1, 1993,
Not a lot of difference is there, I mean what's 20 years.

·
Premium Member
77,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What about what the UK was famous for. Rolls Royce, Jaguar, British Steel, Stainless steel, The RAF, Royal Navy, British engineering, Unions the flying scotsman London underground and many many more. Not much left now, Whats the score on the WWI and WWII.
We will do just fine.
And what are we now. a pathetic little island full of bureaucrat and a tolet for immigrants ruled by more bureaucrats in a different country
you missed fish and chips

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
That's a very good point.

The EU has approx 30,000 "bureaucrats" on the books.

The UK has over 300,000 "bureaucrats" in its employ.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Just what has Ted Heath got to do with the EU, besides nothing,
He took Britain into the European Economic Community in 1973
The EU was not founded until : November 1, 1993,
Not a lot of difference is there, I mean what's 20 years.
Hmmmm.........well like absolutely EVERYTHING.

Prior to 73 the UK was desperate to gain entry to the common market since in previous years it had been blocked by France. The treaty of 1991 simply added closer co-operation to existing members.

A Brexit wont lead to a situation prior to 1991 (or 93 if you like), it will lead to a situation prior to 1973 i.e. a total exit.

Once out we'd be out totally with effectively zero chance of gaining entry again.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts