Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Due to my business going down the toilet I am having to give my leased Brera back this month.. I've had it for a year now and apart from problems with the particulate filter it has been a great car to drive over that time.
14,000 miles and with a Red Dot Racing remap it has been all I expected and more. However, I can't afford the £365/month leasing costs and it is off back to the leasor very soon.

Still, it isn't all bad. I've bought a 99 reg 156 2.5 V6 high miler from Veloce's in Barnet today. £1400 and with a full service history (including a cambelt change as part of the service last month which I imagine would cost 500 or 600 quid on its own). And I mean a full history. There are bills for everything alongside a full Alfa servicing record. The engine is a thing to savour and after a diesel it sounds like a racing car to my ears..

This will be my third 156 and 8th Alfa in total and until I can afford a newer one will more than suffice..

dc

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Good to see you staying with the marque even in times of adversity, good luck with whatever you do in the future mate :thumbs:

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
Sorry to hear about your business and the Brera :( :( :( ; but great choice of Alfa to replace it :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
shame about the Brera but at least the 156 is replacing it. Sorry to hear about your business, hope things turn out better in the future :)

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Sorry to hear about your business - Good Luck and enjoy the great V6 :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
That is sad losing your business and your brera.
Hopefully things will get better in the future and you can get your business and your brera back.
all the best for the future.

·
Premium Member
42,863 Posts
as already said... sorry to hear about your business and Brera... but you got another alfa to soften the blow a bit...

Best of luck and hope ya fortunes turn around soon... :)

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Sorry to hear, I'm still jealous of you as you have a V6. Despite having to hand back the Brera others on here arent quite holding back with pics of Breras in their sigs. Make the transition easrier on him lads!! :)

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the kind words. Much appreciated.

I've picked the V6 up to day. That engine is something else...

dc

·
Registered
559 Posts
Sorry to hear, I'm still jealous of you as you have a V6. Despite having to hand back the Brera others on here arent quite holding back with pics of Breras in their sigs. Make the transition easrier on him lads!! :)
SOZ....Never ment to rub it in

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No problem.. I'm a big boy now..

And I'm still driving the Brera for the moment..

dc

1 - 16 of 16 Posts