Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd like to say how pleased we are with our new Brera.
We took delivery 30th November and apart from the remote central locking having not worked since day 1 (it is going in for a new computer tomorrow after the pevious 3 attempts to resolve failed).
But the car is a pleasure to own and drive. It is a real head turner especially as there seem to be hardly any others on the roads in central Scotland. It is smooth, well built, and feels very solid. The weather has been appalling for the last few weeks so I am looking forward to getting out in the spring for a good blast around some of the twisty roads.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, glad to report it is sorted so now everything perfect!

It is a Silver 2.2JTS SV with 18" 7 hole allows, cream/red leather and Bose system.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
The Bose is really worth it - whilst the garage had mine recently, they gave me a 159 with standard stereo. It sounded ****.

Although after I turned off the loudness and reset all the tone controls to their zero position it did sound a whole lot better.

I was disappointed though, that the Bose is lacking some features, such as volume/speed adjustment. Useful thing to have, that is. Had it for the first time on a VW back in the 90s. Baffling why the Bose system doesnlt offer that.

N

·
0 Posts
alfaredthegreat said:
I was disappointed though, that the Bose is lacking some features, such as volume/speed adjustment. Useful thing to have, that is. Had it for the first time on a VW back in the 90s. Baffling why the Bose system doesnlt offer that.

Your not missing anything. Speed variable volume
on this HU just make one step around 140kph
and it's not adjustable.
As this is a normal cruise speed it just keep
going up and down so I had to switch the
damn thing off. :rolleyes:

Shame 'cause on the 147 it works perfectly.

Got my Blaupunkt sub plumbed in now.
Really makes the standard install sound much better!
;)

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
I had Bose on my Sportwagon (standard fit back then) and although it was good, I certainly wouldn't have paid extra for it, and at times would rather have had the extra boot space. I didn't go for it on the Brera (saving luggage space again!), and I don't really miss it. The standard system sounds more than adequate for me, especially after I found the graphic equaliser! (How 1980s is that!!).
:D

·
Registered
821 Posts
alfaredthegreat said:
Eh? It does, I have it on mine. I don't know how you access the feature on the standard HU, but if you have the SatNav, its part of the standard setup configuration. ;)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
alfarmus said:
Eh? It does, I have it on mine. I don't know how you access the feature on the standard HU, but if you have the SatNav, its part of the standard setup configuration. ;)
If you have the SatNav, maybe so, but otherwise not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts