Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one with this or is it just a cold weather problem? The windows, when opening either door don't seem to go down enough so you can clearly see and feel how the rubber around the door creates friction, and when closing the door, the window doesn't place itself where it should be...

G

·
Try resetting them.

Procedure should be in an old thread somewhere.

Using silcone grease on the rubber will help
if they are sticking.

;)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Were do I apply the silicone? On both sides of the window on the seal?

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Reset by sticking the key in so the dash lights up but don't start the car. Drop each window in turn by keeping your finger on it and leaving it there for 10 secs after it hits bottom. Do the same thingwhen raising the window. Should be sorted.

Put the silicon spray or grease on the rubber seal that the glass touches. Apply sparingly!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Is is just me, or are there more than usual questions relating to failed windows lately? :confused:
- coud be the cold weather affecting things, but not sure how?!

My Brera didn't want to feel left out!! - the 'drop' and 'anti pinch' systems failed on Friday. I tried re-setting a couple of times with the method outlined previously - this worked for a short while, but then the drivers window gave up the game and now drops down fully when door is opened, then raises fully when door closed again!

At least it's secure I guess, but needs sorting - any ideas anyone?

I'll add it to the growing list of niggles requiring attention on my next dealer visit. I was hoping to put this off till March and tie it in with a test drive of the new 1750 engine in the Brera - but I don't think she's going to wait that long!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Mine in the garage today for the 'anti pinch' problems:

1. On unlocking the car the drivers window drops 2 - 3 inches and when you close it the security/safety message comes up along with the door 'icon' on the dashboard.

2. Sometimes when you get out of the car and lock it, the window drops the whole way down. Not very secure that! and the problem is that it is not immediate so if you have turned your back, you won't know.

Problem being is that the problem comes and goes but at least it was showing when I took it in this morning and I got it back at 12 noon.

The lady at the Alfa Service desk said that AR have recognised that there is a problem with this mechanism and AR have given them a procedure to eliminate the problem, but that I am the FIRST one to be tried!?

Got back to work at 12.30, locked the car ..... no problem.
Went back to the car at 1.00 to take my wife home ....... WINDOW DROPPED 3 INCHES :cry:

Got home and did a 'reset' ..... window OK.

Got back to work and opened the door ...... WINDOW DROPPED 3 INCHES :wow:

Phoned the garage and am awaiting a call back.

G

·
Mine would drop about 5 seconds after the window closed when
you shut the door.

Using the remote to close the dropped window can sometimes work.

But basically you need a new controller unit.

G

·
We had the window controller unit changed aug 31st. (Spider 3.2) still the problem persists.. A new twist was added the other day.

Premis: The top was down and the anti-pich problem described above, had been going on for several days.

Late in the afternoon, after i had been in and out of the car maybe 10 times that day, when i started the car, i got the message that the roof was not completely down. But i am 110% sure that i got the long beep and ok message when i put the top down on the morniong of that day. Anyway i pressed the "top down" button briefly, the message disssapeaed, but more importantly the driver side window rolled up, and the error message for anti-pinch dissapeared also.. it now works.. Damn gremlins in the electrics!

I sent a full description to Alfa, the car goes in again next week. So now I wonder if they plan to change the window controller again

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sent a lengthy e-mail to ARUK advising them that I am not happy with the current situation and that FIVE days in the garage with no guarantee of success is NOT an option that I wish to explore.
This is a problem that Alfa Romeo are aware of in which case they should by now have the solution ....... REPLACE THE CONTROLLER which equals ::::: ONE DAY IN THE GARAGE.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts