Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first message in the forum. I have a 2.2 Brera, which is coming up to 3 years old. I've been really pleased with the car which I had from new, but I have found that the heads of the wheel studs have gone rusty and spoil the look of the 18 spoke wheels that are fitted to the car. These are the standard wheels, no mods. I've asked Alfa if they do a chrome plated or stainless option and although several people have had similar problems, they don't offer this option. Anyone out there have any ideas?? I would prefer to buy straight replacements if possible, but I have not ruled out getting my set chrome plated. HELP..!

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
Chrome plate's no good because it burrs off when you tighten/untighten the bolts, so you still get a flawed appearance.

I think nobody does stainless steel because it's got less tensile strength than regular steel and while it's probably well up to the job, having a bolt that's weaker than the OE manufacturer spec' sounds like a recipe for not being able to get liability insurance.

If you're really keen, I'm sure you could get some made up.. otherwise you can repaint your steel ones..

Anyone can plate your existing bolts but as I said, the chrome will come off the fist time you put some torque on them.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. It's just annoying when I look at Porsche/Audi/BMW websites and see chrome plated bolts for sale, but nothing for the Alfa's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts