Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Apologies if I am missing something very obvious here! I have just picked up a lovely 2007 Brera 2.2 this morning but cannot seem to find the key for the locking wheel nuts amongst the spare wheel kit. It's entirely possible I am being very dense here, but where should I expect to find this key? :paranoid:

Thanks in advance for your help, great looking group and thanks for accepting me.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
The locking nuts are unlikely to have been standard kit. A previous owner probably fitted them.

So the key would be wherever the previous owner put it. That could be anywhere.

Contact the previous owner and find out.

Otherwise, take a photograph of the pattern and have a new key made.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I can't say for sure, but my 147 came with a small red box, branded AR, containing 4 plain wheel bolts (to replace locking ones), and a socket adaptor key to fit the tool-kit wheelbrace or any 17mm socket to the locking nuts. The sensible place to keep it is with the spare & jack etc, but the socket adaptor by itself is quite small - about 30mm long x 20mm dia, so could be in the glove compartment or a cubby hole. Or wherever the previous owner put it, including his garage, his tool chest, a bin, or no idea :(

If you can't find the key nor get it from the previous owner, a tyre shop will be able to remove the locking bolts so you can fit new ones that will come with a key.

BTW, you should have posted this question here http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-159-brera-andamp-946-spider/

·
Registered
64 Posts
My 159 has a little box in the glove compartment too, with the 4 plain bolts, the adapter with the pattern on and a piece of card with the locking nut key on it in case you need a order a new one. That piece of card now lives with the manual/service booklet in the house, don't fancy losing the key and the adapter at the same time!!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I have removed all my locking nuts, I recently had a Volvo SUV thingy and needed to change a wheel. The nuts were so tight that the locking nut stripped the key. In the end we had to wreck the wheel to get it off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts