Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I knew that from my own 159 but I NEED certainty before I buy a Brera bumper to replace the 159 one that’s cracked but has the sensors. Does anyone KNOW?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks - I think you're right. I've looked online at Brera vs 159 manuals and whilst the 159 mentions 8 parking sensors (where fitted) the Brera one only mentions the rear ones. So, if I decide to fit the Brera front bumper to the 159 I'll have to find a way of integrating them myself. How hard can it be? It's only 4 holes and I have a template to work from.
Cheers
Guy

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the bullet has been bitten, the Brera bumper does not have any pre-marked cut outs for parking sensors so I'm going to take a template off the 159 bumper for positions and then probably find another scrap bumper to practice on first. Two possible methods of cutting the hole - step drill or a hole punch. Actually, I might practice on the number plate plinth first.
But there's some other work to be done first. I also got a spare pair of Xenon headlamps that I'm going to attempt to open up so a set of Halo lights can be installed.
The original bumper will get a repair and repaint and can go on the shelf as a spare. Original Xenons can also be boxed as spares - I'm a firm believer in the spares you've got aren't the ones you'll ever need!
Guy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts