Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I bought my new / old Brera, I've never had a problem filling her up with the good stuff but come the recent sub 4 degrees weather, I struggle to get more than 40 litres in the 70 litre tank:mad:

I know older Brera's had an alround fuelling issue sorted by a tank swap but given the usual ease of filling, I assumed mine had been sorted.

Anyone else come across this:confused:

Cheers,

·
Registered
161 Posts
I've had this problem a few times recently when filling up from Asda's (56 plate 3.2 q4 Brera). This results in me standing there with the trigger half down and repeatedly 'clicking off' until I'm either bored or too cold to continue. I like to think of it as 'character' :)

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
It's that 8C filler cap Simon,

Tell you what, i'll swap it for mine, it'll work a charm ;)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not the cap Sean:p

It's weird, especially as it's only happening in this cold weather:confused:

Does anyone have any details on the recall / modification reference the Q4 fuel tank swap please?

Thanks,

Simon

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Is the 40 litres you can get into the tank enough to get you home?

Bizarre. Breras seem to react interestingly to the cold. First my locking didn't work properly when it got to cold (fixed with a new key slot in the dash) and now my rear parking sensor that was playing up has been fine since it got colder!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Had my tank changed earlier this year, think I have a part no on the I paperwork which I could dig out when I get home at the weekend

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Filled up easily today. Outside temp was 5 degrees. Weird:confused:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
When I first filled my 159 I could only get to 7/8 full.

Now I fill in a series of bursts of about 10 litres and stop to let the air out between bursts.

If you use a quiet pump you can hear the air escaping with a hiss. When the hissing stops it's safe to start the fuel flow again.

I've had a few strange looks when I put my ear to the filler to listen for the hissing :lol:

N

·
0 Posts
If it's been "fixed" try varying the angle of the nozzle in the filler hole.
e.g. between 10 o'clock & 2 o'clock. (Worked for the 147.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts