• Sell as is

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been furloughed, so bit of time on my hands, got the brera out of hibernation from the garage, put battery back in, and started first time!, gave it a good wash, damn sight easier to wash than the Stelvio, pictures show just how dimunutive the Brera is!!, trouble is what to do with the brera, 79K miles, needs MOT, guess it needs cambelt and water pump, DPF is clogged (I can fix that), a few minor surface rusty bits, lots of stone chips on the the front. gloss black team dynamics, Bose, strawberries and cream interior, needs a good polish, so do I sell as is, or get it MOT, cambelt done, and keep for a whilelonger, the pix reminded me just how beautiful the brera, so any thoughts what I should do with it?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
The Brera is beautiful. Just had a nosey it would appear to of been on SORN since 26 July 2016 Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Basically because, I brought a JDTM Giulietta as I had more stuff to carry around work wise, and bigger boot space, always intended to get the Brera sorted, but never had time, as work away a fair bit, but my job is changing so I can work at home 90% of the time,before I was 15K a year in business travel, but that will drop to about 3k pa, so I could always sell the Stelvio Diesel and keep the Brera!!!!, but the front subframe is the big unknown, I guess it will cost about 1k to get it sorted,in current state, I would be lucky to get £500.00 if I was to sell as is!!!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got one vote to keep and get work done!!!, I guess its the typical heart rules yer head thing!!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I voted 'keep' on your poll but i guess it depends on a few things whether you do or not. It's always going to be worth more with an MOT and in good fettle. If you can afford to spend the outlay on it now probs best to do so then you can run it for a bit and see if you want to keep it. If you change your mind it'll be sat there with a new MOT and a timing belt service ready for the new owner. I recently bought an 06 Brera needing a few things doing to it and i cant believe how small the thing is inside! I was originally looking for a GT as a second car to runabout in while the wife uses the G but then the Brera came up local to me. Can't even fit the kids in the back!!!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got one vote to keep and get work done!!!, I guess its the typical heart rules yer head thing!!!
Got 2 votes to keep and get work done, so depending on state of subframe, I am inclined to keep and get work done, I can fix the DPF as I have the diagnostics and lead, broken front fog lamp is an easy fix, i also fitted drilled discs, and got a better rear bumper, and guess get the bonnett respraued, along with minor surface rust, the interior is really good, will post pix when cleaned up

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I voted 'keep' on your poll but i guess it depends on a few things whether you do or not. It's always going to be worth more with an MOT and in good fettle. If you can afford to spend the outlay on it now probs best to do so then you can run it for a bit and see if you want to keep it. If you change your mind it'll be sat there with a new MOT and a timing belt service ready for the new owner. I recently bought an 06 Brera needing a few things doing to it and i cant believe how small the thing is inside! I was originally looking for a GT as a second car to runabout in while the wife uses the G but then the Brera came up local to me. Can't even fit the kids in the back!!!
Hi Scott, interior space was a problem for us as well, as our son is 6', I had a GT which I really liked, but preferred the Brera looks, it just looks so cool, we also have a Cascada, so I could sell the Stelvio, Brera, Cascada and get a 2.4 spyder, or even a Lotus Evora, decisions, decisions, decisions!!!!

·
Registered
34,490 Posts
Now is not a good time to be selling a car for over a couple of thousand pounds at the moment!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now is not a good time to be selling a car for over a couple of thousand pounds at the moment!
Completely forgot about that!, but I have got time to fix things like broken fog lamp, bit of touchup work, change wiper blades,, etc.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Doubt anyone will be buying cars much for a while, so keep. If you're keeping, remember if it's not gone wrong yet, it soon will.
So factor in it could cost you a full clutch and dmf, bottom pulley, alt, suspension.

·
Registered
159 Posts
You never know. A guy might have lost his job and decided to sell a £20k car that he owns outright but needs something decent between £2k - £5k to run about in until he gets back on his feet again. Might be a great time to sell (well, post lockdown)!

·
Registered
34,490 Posts
Yes , you can profit from his unhappy situation because his £20k would have been £8k more a couple of months when he paid off the last £8k. He may be better off waiting. Still, there’s a thread about all this elsewhere on the forum...

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update on the Brera - decided to get it fixed,so got the cam belt done and full service, failed the MOT on only a cracked rear tyre (needed replacing anyway, and have two in the garage), with advisory on front sub frame, and rear links, subframe is deffo a 3rd party job, not sure if I can do the rear links myself, but overall chuffed the car is mostly ok, the garage said the car is "solid". Just need to do the clogged DPF, and do the other bits of refurb

·
Registered
270 Posts
Advisory on the front subframe isn’t something I would want to read, the tester can see very little of it if your under tray is on the car so once removed might not be a pretty sight.
Of coarse if the tray isn’t on the car happy days good luck with the investigation 👍

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I concur, but got a contact who can sort this out for me at an agreed price, if I was to sell the car as is, l it would have been worth very little, so made sense to sort it and perhaps sell at a later date, gave me a useful project during lockdown!!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
WooHoo! - all legal, right, got the Brera back, cambelt + waterpump, full service, MOT, which was just £500.00 including putting 2 x new tyres (already had the tyres) from a VAT reg Indy, well pleased, DPF was clogged, but cleared the error with FES, quick blast down the M5, @ 3000 rpm in 4th, clogging is now 22%, job done, car not driven in anger for 4 years, it felt mighty, happy bunny, must admit prefer the Brera to the Stelvio, couple of pics attached, just need to start the rest of the restoration work!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Is that overspray of lithium grease wear you turn the front passenger air bag off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 35 Posts