Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had my Brera for two years now and Im now into day two with the hired Guiletta, they are both bottom of the ranges, the Brera 2.2 petrol, the Guiletta 1.6 turbo Diesel.

The Guiletta is certainly a good drive, very responsive and handles nicely. Whether its because I've only just got it i don't know, but I can't get so comfortable in it. Internally, it's certainly got more room, will take four people quite easily, luggage too and has more headroom. Alas, it will never match my Brera inside or our for style. Inside the Guiletta there seems to be a lot of plastic with quite sharp edges and what are those switches all about; the huge circular dials for the air con Etc.

Would I swap my Brera for the Guiletta, nope, but I am guessing that my partner would (see other posts for partners views on the Brera).

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The Guiletta was hired for taking 4 of us with luggage away for a few days. It managed to cope with us all quite well. I note there were two little corner type compartments in the boot which were good for storing loose bottles in. Using normal mode when the oldies were in it it performed quite nicely. When devoid of the oldies and dynamique mode selected she pulled very well and had a good roar noise. There are lots of dashboard graphics all the time. When turning ignition on, you graphics of the front of the car coming towards you, when switching off, you see the back end disappear. In normal, it reminds you to change gear up and down. In D, it shows a bar graph which increases with the revs. The economy was very good. The stop start worked very well, but you would to want to use it for a sharp get away. I left it on most of the time to see if I could get used to it and found myself "overriding" it by riding the clutch or dipping the clutch as soon as the engine stopped to get it going again. So drive and capabilities were all positive.
The quality was a let down. Touch the bonnet and your finger nearly goes through it. Inside the cabin, there was lots of squared off plastic on the dash, door handles and stearing wheel and a few ugly dials and controls. The jury is out on the rocker switches to turn off the stop start Etc. There was no adjustment to the lumbar support which gave me backache. There were not many adjustments that could be made to the seat. There was lots of headroom in the cabin. There were no parking sensors though.
I think I will be sticking with my Brera for the time being.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I am swapping Brera for Giulietta..... My Brera (JTDM) is on a personal lease which ends at the end of March, and I am after a bit more practicality - the extra passenger room you mention.

I test drove the 170bhp Lusso which was fun to drive, but I always planned to get, and am, the Cloverleaf. My wife and I quite liked the Giulietta interior, though it is quite dark compared to the blue/tan interior of my Brera. That said the few bits of silver trim lift it a bit. The diesel Brera is quite brisk, though not as much as the V6 GTV which was my previous car, and I am looking forward to getting that level of performance back (and cheaper fuel too!!).

·
Registered
94 Posts
The Giulietta Cloverleaf is an absolute hoot to drive, you'll love it!

For styling nothing beats the Brera but the Giulietta is a completely different animal to drive!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts